And Now Marcus Wilson Has Quit!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jun 27, 2013.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another one bites the dust.

The good thing is at this rate we'll all get to be Producer of Doctor Who one day.

(Sadly I just had a look at my ticket and I'm number 310,702.)

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

**** ! I'm 310,748 - you've got to go !

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I think my ticket was lost in the Royal Mail. I've heard from other friends on this side of the Pond, though, that our numbers start around 4 million.

4. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

About 50 people need to die, unexpectedly, but in a way that attaches no suspicion whatsoever to me, before I become Duke of Wellington. But I think having my turn in charge of Who is beginning to look more likely!

5. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Gosh, I hope he wasn't involved in the negotiations over those 90 lost episodes. ;)

With all these people being erased from Doctor Who, the production office is going to end up as empty as Amy's house.

6. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Who is Marcus Wilson, and what was his role? I meant in the show, btw, not in the behind the scenes love triangles (or should that be love pentagons?!).

7. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of the ever lengthening line of (ex)Producers. Though he did manage to last two whole series, or sixteen years, in the job.

Ian Levine has taken a break from calling people liars and then changing his mind over those 90 missing episodes to claim that Nikki Wilson is in line for the job. Which suggests that either (a) Moffat's a big fan of TSJA (after already picking up Brian Minchin) or (b) she's a hottie.

8. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Give me a complete list and I'll see what I can do for you.

In return, you can start with StCoop...

;)

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

10. diankra

Don't need to look at the photo (not a great one, to be frank) to recall her being a decent looker at the Sarah Jane season 2 launch... but also very pregnant, ISTR. Think she's working on Casualty now, so Who might be a good next step... or something she'd be asked to do having proved herself as a sure pair of hands. (NB: if checking her back credits, bear in mind that she was Nikki Smith till she got married).

Oh, and to answer Timof Nine: in the line-up of three producers/executive producers, if Moffat is the one who's supposed to be mostly ideas man and main writer, Wilson was the one who's supposed to do very little writing, but a lot of working out how to actually shoot the b!!!ding thing on that budget.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

HA! I see what you did there.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Re: Andto Now Marcus Wilson Has Quit!

Eh, according to his IMDB profile, this is the first job he stuck around for a second Series. All his other credits are only for a single Series. 7 different shows in 7 years from 2004 to 2010. Not sure why this is being conflated to be a Doctor Who Management controversy, when he's been in the job twice as long as any other job. Sure, if he makes inflammatory/Derogitory statements about Doctor Who Management you could turn it into something, but, that hasn't happened, has it?

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

But he works for Dr Who and is leaving, therefore clearly he is involved in a love-quadrangle with Moffat, Davros and K-9!

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Well, yea, there is that :alienblush:

15. diankra

But being sensible, he's either leaving because it's been two years and he's been offered a step up, or he's leaving because his approach to the job doesn't mesh with that of his new immediate superior, Brian Minchin. Nothing sinister, just something that has to work if it's going to work out long-term, so if it isn't it's better to make the change at the start.

16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Hey I outta be first up. I want to see the Tardis at Baikonur--maybe at the Nedelin disaster.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That sounds boring. I want to hear more about the love quadrangle between him, Moffat, Davros, and K-9! ;)

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I remember when we joked about Skinner leaving or when writers were needed who was willing to fill the application out