David Bradley is William Hartnell...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jan 29, 2013.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That seems to be the trend considering Jessica Raine, who will be portraying Verity Lambert, is going to guest star on Doctor Who when series 7 returns.

David Bradley is a great choice to portray William Hartnell as is Brian Cox.

I'm still crossing my fingers that William Russell and Carole Ann Ford will make a cameo appearance in it.

2. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

No he isn't! I am! I'm William Hartnell! I'M WILLIAM HARTNELL!!!

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I suspect that the BBC will have a DW themed night, and perhaps as it gets closer to the actual anniversary to perhaps a story from each Doctor on BBC three.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be pretty cool. And even better if Moffat took advantage of the same sets and had Smith's Doctor visiting the old console room as well.

6. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably, although I'd have thought BBC Two or Four would be better suited.

From this week's Radio Times; An Unearthly Child director Waris Hussein meets actor Sacha Dhawan, who'll be playing him in the drama.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think most of the BBC America audience would be familiar enough with the source material to find those films interesting.

8. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Moffat isn't that smart to join the dots.

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

BBC haven't done a themed night for a long long time. I think they stopped doing those sorts of things. They were fun to watch, the Star Trek night, Red Dwarf night, Godzilla night.

Might be funny to stick a Police Box in the background of Eastenders.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Seriously wouldn't it bother people seeing an actor playing another actor playing a character, then seeing the actor just playing the character? Never mind breaking the fourth wall that's smashing it down with a mechanical digger!

11. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

Sounds fun to me.

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Not quite the same but when they did The Road to Coronation Street a few years ago, the son of William Roache (Ken Barlow) played the young William. He was almost concurrently playing Ken's long-lost grandson in Corrie, opposite William.

Adding to the confusion, William's other son Linus was appearing as Ken's son and the father of the long-lost grandson. Linus in the 1960s played Ken's other son, Peter Barlow, who still appears in the show but is played by another actor.

The only other similar example I can think of is in Jolson Sings Again, the sequel to The Jolson Story. In JSA, it has a scene where Jolson, played by Larry Parks, meets the actor who is going to play him in a proposed movie called The Jolson Story. The actor is a Larry Parks and is played by, er, Larry Parks.

13. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

That wouldn't be my impression.

Mr Awe

14. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

The main cast for the docudrama now seems to be complete: Bradley as Hartnell, Claudia Grant as Carole Ann Ford, Jamie Glover as William Russell, Jemma Powell as Jacqueline Hill, Brian Cox as Sydney Newman, Jessica Raine as Verity Lambert, and Sacha Dhawan as Waris Hussein. Also-- and this is probably the coolest part-- William Russell himself will appear as "Harry." Presumably just a cameo, but a very nice touch. Maybe they can work Carole Ann Ford in as well?

15. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Just heard that too, great that Russell will be there.

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Awesome! I was hoping they would get him in there for a cameo. Hopefully the same thing can be worked out for Carole Ann Ford.

Where did you read about this?

17. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Oh, it's nice that they're acknowledging Derbyshire's contribution. I hope we see others like Ron Grainer and Ray Cusick.