ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. MotoJess

MotoJess Cadet Newbie

Hey all. I'm brand new to the forum. I've been a life long fan of trek. As a little guy I watched all the re-runs of the original series. Adolescence - teen years I watched NG and DS9. I never really gave Voyager a chance somehow and completely missed Enterprise when it was out. I think it was because I turned 21 when it came out and didn't sit in front of a tv for about seven years. Anyway, on a recommendation I decided to give Enterprise a shot since it was recently uploaded on Netflix. I was hooked right away. I think I banged through all four seasons in about four weeks. In fact I think it's my favorite of all the trek series. I watched the final episode this morning. I was walking in blind. All I knew is that I was sitting down to the final episode. The words "jarring" and "cheated" only begin to express how I feel about the conclusion of the show. I think we've all been hood winked by the network on that one. It deserved sooo much better than that. The fact that some of my favorite NG characters had a part in it somehow made it all the worse. Anyway, I didn't mean to focus on the ending. I got on here to express how much I truly loved the show. Season three was especially exciting. I loved the darkness of it, impending doom around every corner. Truly great stuff!

2. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome, MotoJess. You've come to the right place for ENT love. And yes, you've joined the masses of folks who side-eye Berman and Braga for their "valentine to the fans." (That's what they called the finale they wrote. I think most of us would have preferred a sharp poke in the eye instead.)

Jump right in, the water is spectacular with bubbles. :D

3. Arachnea

Arachnea Cadet Newbie

Hi,

I'm an old (yes, old... sigh) sci-fi/Fantasy addict and I'm having a re-watch of Star Trek. I started with TOS and I'm now on Enterprise. You will soon notice that my english is sometimes (if not always :whistle:) odd. Well, not as accurate as I'd liked it to be. To my defense, my mothertongue is (swiss-)french and although I try, speaking one's mind in another language is difficult.

Hum... I've stated that I'm old and bad at writing. But, It doesn't impede me to enjoy good TV shows and movies. My preferences go where there's good characterization and good arc-plots. I don't mind having standalone episodes now and then if there's a bit of humour or a great enjoyable villain :D So, you won't be surprised when I state that I'm a big fan of the Whedonverse. I also enjoyed Stargate and of course, Star Trek. Well... they're all shows I grew up with.

And, I like Enterprise ! I believe the character et plots arcs would have improved had the show been given the chance to go on for more seasons. For example, if I remember well, the first seasons of TNG weren't that great. What I mean to say is: Enterprise doesn't deserve all the hate around it. It's had its good and bad moments, like all others Trek shows and even had great moments.

I also join the club about the would be Valentine atrocity :evil:
    I'm in the middle of season 3 and I think I won't even bother watching TATV again.

That's all for tonight, happy to be here, I'm looking forward to meeting you on the different topics.

4. star

Welcome, Arachnea!

5. Star_Trucker

Star_Trucker Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey all! :cool:

I had thought I had joined here a long time ago, but darn this C.R.S., if I did I can't remember what name I would have used or email so I'm starting this one. I'm an old fan, been watching ST since I was born and I love all the Trek series and most of the movies. I liked ENT, but will agree that it could have started out much better in the beginning.

I live in the midwest and try to stay busy. Have an SO ( Significant Other ) and kids.

That's all I can think of for right now :rommie:

6. star

Welcome, Star Trucker. Pull up a chair and enjoy a bowl of Plomeek soup. :D

7. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi there, I have not posted in a thread like this on TBBS despite being here for nearly a month. I thought I would post a new welcome thread for myself on the ENT thread as I am fairly new to that series as a fan and am not that new with the other incrnations of Star Trek.

I am 35, live in the southern United States and am a poet. My work has been published in several local anthologies and I usually use my interests in science fiction and fantasy as inspiration for my work. I hope to meet new friends here (already got a few btw but could use more lol) and learn what made this last Trek on TV tick. I love Archer and T'Pol as well as Hoshi. I think this is about enough for this post! See you later! XD

8. star

Welcome, CaptainMatt! Here's a slice of pecan pie and a bowl of Plomeek soup. Enjoy your stay. :D

9. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett stepped into the... wait, wrong intro...

hey all lol

M

10. CaptainMatt

Thanks Vice-Admiral Star! Hi Methos! Come to join the party? Same here!

11. star

*passes some pie and soup to Methos* Welcome to you, as well.

CaptainMatt -- You're welcome. Man, I feel site-old now that you mention my rank. Nearly 8 years on tbbs. Sheesh.

12. CaptainMatt

Well I have only been around here for a month and am already a Commander. I did not think that you had been here THAT long lol.
    Thanks for the pie and the soup btw. I just bought ENT's 4th Season on DVD. I am so excited!

13. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Welcome :)

14. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Welcome to the Enterprise forum! :)

15. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

I'm almost a full Admiral and I've only been here a little over two years. :p

16. star

I was a prolific poster in my early days. Now, not so much. ;)

17. CaptainMatt

Ah yes. I would have posted more but have been extremely busy elsewhere last few days and nights.

18. Killandra

Killandra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I overall liked ENT. The premise of it being before Kirk, the prime directive, etc. definitely had a lot of potential. It didn't fully deliver and is arguably the weakest of the Star Trek series, but I honestly don't think it deserves all the flack it gets either. Yes, they should have gone ahead with the Romulan War before doing the Xindi story, yes, there was some bad writing in quite a few episodes, but the cast was awesome and overall still enjoyable, cool, and Trek. While as fans we do need to analyse flaws and errors, to naysay or not support any Trek is to not support the franchise, hence ENT was cancelled. :(

19. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey Star don't you think Bowie would make a great Trek villain? In the style of Soran in Generations? Or Weyoun.. or a Section 31 agent.

Let's start a campaign! Imagine if Bowie was the villain in ST:XIII!

20. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Hello, I am new to the ENT Forum!

Although I have a few major quibbles with the show (neuropressure anyone :rolleyes:), I do love it. Mostly because the characters are very human and the ENT world isn’t perfect. And they have Shran. :D

I adore character-centred episodes, such as Shuttlepod One and Minefield.

Besides ENT, I like TOS, DS9 and the new movie.