Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

2. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes. The Pasteur is one of my biggest wants. And I have always felt any quality origin; ship from TNG should get a release.

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It did? Crap. Guess I'll need to send out a new email to see where it is. Thank you for the info! :)

5. EVL_Ripper

EVL_Ripper Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Next special confirmed to be the USS Vengeance and then after that the horrible Klingon BoP from Into Darkness.

6. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

The ones I saw at the comic store had a magazine as well.

If those were really grey-market, and it sounds like no one got a magazine in the US, I wonder if maybe Eaglemoss doidn't have the US rights for some of the content?

7. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I've got both of Hot Wheel's Vengeance and D-4. Their BoP has fully moveable wings - I can't imagine how Eaglemoss can top that with a static model. However, HW's Vengeance is good but I expect Eaglemoss to improve on it.

Anway, great that we've learned of more models today! It's exciting.

8. EVL_Ripper

I have HW's and Hallmarks Vengeance. I think the Hallmark one is slightly better.

9. Eliczo

Eliczo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Issue 43 has been announced as Species 8472 Bioship, Nice as I was eagerly awaiting that one.

10. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Damn. So the US subscribers got gypped the magazine for the 2009 movie Enterprise? I'm already on my Gmail requesting a replacement.

11. EVL_Ripper

There was a delay but they said we're getting it. Should be shipping out in a few days per an e-mail from STSS that a poster on Facebook received.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  12. Kevman7987

Okay then, I'll probably get a similar response to my email. The only recent emails I have from them are the shipping info for the JJprise Special, and the delay notice for the AGT Enterprise-D Free Gift.

13. EVL_Ripper

Same, I've been expecting a shipping e-mail for the Nebula and Insectoid ship they billed me for on the 5th but nothing so far.

14. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

two more just announced.

48: armored voyager from endgame
    49: ECS Fortunate

15. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am extremely happy about the ECS Fortunate. I think its actually my favorite design from all four seasons of Enterprise.

The only bad thing about it, is that due to its width it will be a fairly small model volume wise, I assume.

Was expected the armored Voyager just off all the requests through the year on the Facebook site. Not one I would pick myself, but as far as being technically the same ship its a good choice, as it is a fully different mold. Only the refit change from TOS 1701 to motion Picture 1701 is a bigger change for the same ship, and I absolutely wanted that (though its one of the models I was disappointed with quality wise).

SO one ship from ENT left, One from Voyager left, an one from TNG. Other clue is one is a freighter, and one is a federation ship. And one is the Enterprise C. SO we know the TNG ship. SO we have a ship from Enterprise and Voyager. We have a freighter left.

For Voyager all I can think is a Malon Freighter, on Enterprise probably the next biggest freighter after the Fortunate would be the ECS Horizon.

As for a Federation ship, that might be the other ship, but it also could very clearly be the Enterprise C.

16. Kevman7987

So I got a response from Eaglemoss about my email. They say they are aware there is a shipping delay regarding the magazine for the Jjprise Special and I should be receiving it soon. There was apparently a note included in the original shipment, but I didn't find one when I investigated the box originally. This also doesn't explain why it doesn't appear on the online magazine database for me.

17. Tarheel

Tarheel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm really enjoying the sneak peaks that EM has been leaking on their FB page the past few days. I hope they keep this up. It's a treat to see the early design images.

18. Eliczo

Eliczo Lieutenant Red Shirt

I agree, the level of communication has been good, but I also guess its because they had further updates to give us in one big go. To think whats been announced is only to issue 50, and about half of that covers 2 entire shelfs, where am I going to put it all?

19. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Just got my Star Trek 2009 Enterprise special issue yesterday. Ugg, forgot how much I hated the design until now. Blech.

Apparently we're getting the Klingon monstrosity from the Star Trek Into Darkness too? As a special issue? Armored Voyager? I'm baffled by some of the model choices being made. Clearly my aesthetics don't match up with some people's.

I've also been frustrated with the production quality of the models lately. Lots of imperfections both physical and painting. Been thinking about cancelling my subscription a lot recently, especially with the amount of models I have no interest in... And yet, awesome ones are upcoming like the Prometheus, Klingon Raptor, Enterprise C... I don't want to have to make the ebay hunt.

Just ranting to rant. I wish it was simpler to buy single issues!

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Once the series is done there is the possibility you may be able to get one-off's all at once from their website. That is a supposition on my part, with no basis in reality. Just that if I was running the show, that is how I would do it to maximize the market availability.