Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A few extra pics of the Constellation Class...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone has any requests for any other ships in the collection they'd like pics of just say so.

I'm trying to figure out if I prefer the look of these or the ones on the previous page I took without the black background :confused:

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great, thanks. I just wanted to check if it was an overall issue with the model, or I just got a bad one. (Sorry for the lack of pictures for those that asked).

I contacted Eaglemoss and they're sending out a replacement.

3. Tarheel

Tarheel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was wondering if Eaglemoss would do this, as I would love to catch up. Were they able to fulfill your request?

4. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really like the black background.

5. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

If you are allowed to keep the faulty D'Kora, I'd suggest to tuck it away safely. In a few years, you could sell this unique model to a collector.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Constellation does look good, but its true that from those pics the saucer doesn't seem as thick as it should
    [​IMG]

7. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They took my money, waiting on deliver now (of course!).

8. trekker670

So I got an interesting email this afternoon. Eaglemoss emailed me notifying me that issues 15 & 16 shipped on 4/18. Granted, this is almost two weeks after the fact, and I've already received the ships, but I wonder if this hints the they're looking at notifying subscribers of the shipping status of their orders.

9. Sans

First time that I got the email. Should get mine in a few days.

As for Stargazer, I wouldn't put much stock in that model, the color is wrong.

10. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I received one too.

...for the shipment I had already received.

Hopefully when billed, we will get notification of received payment and what's coming.

Up until now, we have been just predicting what exactly we were being billed for.

This will be nice, and log overdue IMO.

11. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

How so? It seems to be colored closely to the studio filming miniature made for "The Battle", which is painted in a proper Federation palette. If you're referring to the yellowish-tan desktop model in Picard's quarters, I would argue that that model was painted the wrong color.

The only thing I can tell that is incorrect about the Stargazer is the somewhat too-thin main hull. Other than that, it looks great, IMO.

12. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Wasn't the 'Studio Model' a kitbash from the TMP Refit model kits with parts from Anime & tank kits?

How something looks on a studio set with actor lighting is very different from how it appears in SFX shots with corrections & compositing.

13. trekker670

That, and the studio model was made based on the desk model from the Ready Room (not the other way around).

I think it's safe to say the Ready Room model wasn't meant to be an accurate reproduction, similar to the coloring of some of the Star Trek Micro Machines, or even the ships in the Observation Lounge.

14. Ethros

^ And it's not even the same reg. The ship in his ready room is NCC-7100 whereas the Stargazer is NCC-2893

15. Sans

16. Sans

Sorry, double post.

17. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

"Looks at link"

"Looks at model and compares to link"

"Can't see a difference and doesn't care either way"

18. Ethros

I got mmy Stargazer yesterday. As I saw a few people complain on the facebook page, my nacelles aren't 100% straight. If you look at it dead on profile from the front they're aren't totally in sync, but from a general viewpoint you can't tell so I don't really mind.

Is everyone else's the same though where you turn it upside down... and you can't even tell.
    From the magazine I see it was originally constructed by putting two Constitution saucers together (why it was meant to be so thick) so hence it looks like there's a bridge on the "bottom" of the saucer. But also the bottom has the name and reg of the ship, and in a way that it only reads right if you flip it

19. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

After pre-ordering in mid-February, I finally got the email yesterday indicating that they are now starting to ship to Canadian subscribers, so it looks like I'll have my first shipment within the next 21 days. W00t! :D

(But they really should work on their email format... between the From display name and the subject line, nothing indicated Eaglemoss or starships or even Star Trek. My first thought was that it was spam, and I nearly deleted it without opening! :lol:)

20. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

My stargazer has the numbers underneath put on backwards ??? Apart from that I love this ship and eaglemoss have done well !!! Can't wait for the vor cha Klingon attack cruiser !! My favourite stargazer and JJ enterprise . Least favourite of mine was the Klingon D7 very disappointed more detail needed and the refit enterprise no Aztec patten again more detail needed.