New Star Trek series from IDW -- SPOCK: REFLECTIONS

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Andrew Harris, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Andrew Harris

Andrew Harris Writer Red Shirt

A couple of people were asking me about this, so I thought I'd start its own thread, with a link to my blog for some of the details. It's a new Star Trek book from IDW that looks to follow the post-film continuity, entitled SPOCK: REFLECTIONS.

I'm not involved in the creation or development of this series, but I think it's going to be outstanding.

Check it out
    !

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

Meeeh.

Won't be buying anything based off 'new' Trek till I see the movie. If it don't suck, I may buy it.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Interesting... even though it's set in the new continuity, the cover art shows a Spock who looks very much like a young Nimoy, with maybe a hint o' Quinto.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting. But my real interest level won't be determined until after I see the movie.

5. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Is it a prequel to the movie focusing on Spock's early years or is it a sequel to the movie exploring Spock's reaction to encountering his older self?

6. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^ Either way, i'm all over this. The team of the Tipton brother's plus David
    Messina has brought us some if not all of the best new IDW trek comics since they got the license:klingon:. Awesome news:techman:

7. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Which Spock is it(or which timeline)?

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As stated above, it is a story set in the new continuity of the movie. The cover image shows a young Spock. Therefore, presumably it's a story about the Spock of the movie's timeline.