Literary Treks

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterpriserules, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

^Cool. I will listen in this morning:)

3. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Sorry I forgot to let y'all know! Una is a amazing, so please listen to her!

4. Enterpriserules

Interviewing David Mack on Saturday for Literary Treks, I'm hoping to include few of your questions! Please give me some

5. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have one!

I liked Choudhury, you jerk! ;)

I guess that wasn't really a question, huh?

Here's a real one: Has there been any discussion whatsoever about continuing the Mirror Universe storyline? And whether or not there has or has not, do you have any specific ideas in mind about where you would like to take that particular story? Whether you can share those ideas with us or not, of course.

LOVING Literary Treks, by the way. Haven't had time to take in the Una McCormack episode yet, but I'm really looking forward to it!

6. Patrick O'Brien

Awesome! Dave is a great writer and he interviews well, looking forward to this one:bolian:

Question: Have Dave, Dayton, and Kevin considered working together on another Vanguard type series? Maybe set during TNG or TOS again?

7. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really enjoyed the Una interview, especially since like her I am English, and an academic, and a fanfic writer, and a bookish nerd, and DS9 is my favourite...

Nitpick though - once the interview was over and you were discussing it between yourselves afterwards, one of you (I'm sorry, I haven't matched names to voices yet) referred to Una's big Cardassian epic as Greater Than the Sum, which is actually Christopher's TNG book. I assume you meant The Never Ending Sacrifice. Obviously mistakes happen when you're live on air and have so many things to remember, but perhaps a correction might be in order so as not to confuse listeners who might be wanting to check out GttS or TNES.

Other than that, loved it.

8. Patrick O'Brien

Una's interview was great. Intersting to find out she was a big BLAKES 7 fan. I remember that show being on PBS as a kid:) May have to look for it online;)

Great back story on how she got her start in Trek lit. Another feather in Marco's cap, he has an eye for talent. You guys need to interview him:D

Looking forward to Una's entry in The Fall pentalogy. The Picard/Garrack scenes should be intriguing. I do hope you can get all the authors together once The Fall series debuts as Matt suggested. That would be epic.

Keep up the great work guys. I am loving the show:bolian:

9. Enterpriserules

Thank you all for the questions! I am looking forward to talking to David about the newest trilogy, but I do want to get in some questions about Destiny and his other books so thank you for the reminders!

10. Enterpriserules

It was me! My bad!

11. Enterpriserules

12. Patrick O'Brien

^I hope we get a few Cast No Shadow questions:D

13. Patrick O'Brien

Outstanding job Matt:bolian: As you said in the interview, James Swallow is "Fantastic!". James is a true Star Trek fan. It is evident from this interview and his writing, he has no qualms in acknowledging how much Trek has done for his career. And I for one am happy he has enjoyed writng trek as much as I've enjoyed reading his books.

Kudos to Marco Palmieri for pushing James to write Day of the Vipers. So many current trek authors have benefited from his friendship and editorial skills it is amazing.

I (like Matt and James) could not agree more on loving the Wrath of Khan uniforms/time period. Like Matt, The Undiscovered Country, is my favorite ST film and Jame's follow up book Cast No Shadow, is my all time favorite ST novel. It was AWESOME(!) to hear his thoughts and backstory on the book. I think he did an amazing job writing that book and I'd love to see him revisit that era:bolian:

Thanks again Chris and Matt for an excellent show:techman:

14. Enterpriserules

I cannot stress just how nice James is! Thanks for your continued support of the show, it means so much!

15. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Aw, thanks guys. I had a great time on the show. It's never a chore to talk about my love for Trek.

(Incidentally, Patrick O'Brien; if you have any specific questions about Cast No Shadow, feel free to post them here on TrekBBS and I'll answer if I can...)

16. veritech

veritech Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This show is fabulous! It really fills a niche in Trek fan podcasting. There is SO much to talk about.

17. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:bolian:I really enjoyed listening to the ineterviews with Una McCormack and James Swallow.It was fascinating to hear the writers came up with their ideas for writting their Startrek novels.

18. Patrick O'Brien

Thanks James! :bolian:

19. Enterpriserules

It's really a honor to get to talk to the authors about their work and thoughts on Star Trek. Their passion for Trek and knowledge about is astounding. Hope you all keep listening.

20. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice to hear so many British accents among the writers. Gives me hope.

Although James' accent foxed me slightly... mostly English, but there seemed to be a few Australian twangs coming in as well from time to time. And I say that as an English eprson who used to live in the US and got fed up of Americans not being able to tell the difference between English and Australian accents. Not that it matters.

Anyway - great interview. I didn't realise James had written The Slow Knife as well, but I loved that, and I loved Vipers, and I loved Synthesis. Haven't read Shadow yet, but the news that Vaughn is in it intrigues me...