Haven Season 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Sep 15, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

No, water makes him dissolve. Oh, wait, that was Signs. Or Wizard of Oz.

2. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I’m melting! Melting! Mel.....

3. RJDiogenes

I can just see Colin Ferguson delivering that line. :rommie:

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Well, I'm not sure what to make of that finale.

Dave being adopted from the other side was kind of thrown in there without much context. He had been to the other side before? He might have mentioned that.

So Audrey/Mara is now wanting William back, Duke is all messed up, and we still don't know much about what the "other side" actually is.

It's a long wait until next summer....

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This show is just so...what the hell is it anymore?! It's just so messed up from what it was.

I hope the writers find a way out of the mess they've created. But I may not bother watching. Reading synopses might be sufficient.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wussy.

Join the pain.

7. RJDiogenes

Well, the show certainly has changed since it began. That's not necessarily a bad thing (look at B5), but I really hope we get some answers that make sense. This would be a really bad time for Sciffy to cancel it.

I really want to know what's on the other side of that portal. I've assumed that it's another world similar to ours, but with magic or high-tech or something. This episode implied something more Lovecraftian. And why does it send Dave into a trance to draw him in? And how does he get back? Why doesn't it happen to Jennifer or Audrey?

At least now we know that Agent Howard represented law enforcement on the other side (so it can't be that bad), and that Mara's multiple identities represent punishment or community service.

So now Jennifer is apparently dead, Duke is terminal, Audrey is wiped away, and Dave has gone totally off the rails. And apparently with good reason. He was right about opening the door before, so he's probably right now.

8. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

In Buddhism, Mara was a demon. Also, mara is the root of "nightmare" in Old English and Norse. The "troubles" are nightmarish. I wonder where the next season is going.

9. RJDiogenes

That's interesting. I wonder if any of that is intentional on their part. In any case, I hope we get confirmation of renewal soon.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not only has Haven been renewed, but next season will have double the episodes! :eek:

This show can't even fill a 13 episode season. How are they going to fill 26?

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they're smart, they'll start doing consecutive two tree and four part stories like Enterprise did in their last season, that way they get to only invent even less than the same number of new threats as last year despite having twice as many episodes to full.

12. RJDiogenes

Essentially it's two more seasons, since we're getting 13 this year and 13 next year. And they'll know that they won't be getting anything beyond that, so they'll be able to plan well in advance to wrap up the series.

This is great news. I had my doubts whether there would be any renewal at all.

13. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Great news. Hopefully they can come through with a solid ending.

:techman: