Klingon Encounter

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Tosk, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

A thread in Trek Gaming made me think of this, how cool would it be for one of the future TNG Blu-ray releases to have the Klingon Encounter footage as a bonus? (Not just the space footage, but the on-screen material starring Frakes and Burton.) There's no money to be lost now that it is gone, so why not preserve it?

I never went to ST: The Experience, so I have to ask...who here got to go, and in your opinion would that stuff be worth preserving like this?

Maybe throw the old Klingon VHS board game footage on there too. :)

2. DostoyevskyClone

DostoyevskyClone Captain Captain

Totally agree. I think they are getting there with ideas like this (re: 'Reading Rainbow'), and I hope they continue with it. I can't see how the cost to include such footage would be very high, and there are fans who would really enjoy seeing it, whether they played the game or not. I played it growing up, so it would be a laugh now to see it again.

3. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Here's the Riker/La Forge footage for anyone who hasn't seen it (I hadn't till today!):
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xb2v-wdR-A[/yt]

Strange to see LeVar Burton with shaved hair and the VISOR. Also interesting that Vaughn Armstrong is playing a Klingon named Korath, who he also later played in Voyager's "Endgame".

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

The Klingon Encounter was a blast! I liked it so much I went twice on my visit to the Experience. I much preferred it over the Borg ride.

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Thanks for posting that, Stew. I hadn't seen it either. And that same channel has the Borg 4D footage too.

6. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

I would love a re-release of the game footage as an extra on the blue ray, since I still have the game bord but no VHS player :-(