What do want to see from a new series

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Tcsfan, Aug 5, 2012.

1. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'd love to see an alien captain. An Andorian or another race established during TOS days. But set around 25 to 50 years after Voyager returned home.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So if I transfer the contents of my current PC to one say 10 years older everything will work just fine and dandy?

because thats technically what your talking about doing with Data.

Not to mention its immoral as hell to overwrite a person just to save another one.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

We don't know how primitive B4 was in comparison to Data. What we had was an on the fly analysis of their differences. We honestly don't know what hardware and software upgrades would be capable.

Immoral or not, it was already done in the film.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

We never saw Data''s body.

No one in the TOS era saw Scotty's body, and his was likely presumed dead too.

But he wasn't.

:)

5. Overbound

Overbound Ensign Red Shirt

Thank you Fleet Captain Obvious.

The truth is we don't know what they planned. But there was talk of doing one more TNG movies so they probably would have brought him back one way or another.

6. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Why thank you Ensign :)

That was what B-4 was for. Even though Brent Spiner was worried about looking too old to play Data/Data 2.0 in in further TNG.

It was a cop out, plain and simple. Yes they brought back Spock, but he was one of the three main characters of TOS. TNG has six other main characters to use after Data was killed off.

I always like to think that after NEM, B-4 was taken by Commander Maddox back to Starfleet Science and taken apart, so as to better study and understand the Soong-type Android.

7. BillJ

So Starfleet executed the slow android? Beautiful.

8. Bry_Sinclair

I prefer the term dissassembled :)

It's been ages since I saw the ep where Data was on trial, but if memory serves, he was granted sentient status and equal rights, not all androids. There would need to be another ruling on B-4.

9. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

There is another option, on You Tube, I saw a video of a fight between Superman and the Hulk, and this version of Superman looked a lot like Christopher Reeve, though I know he wasn't around to film it, the animation looked quite realistic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbizTBYs-rQ

One might do a similar animation with Data.

10. Bry_Sinclair

Doing a single character as completely CGI seems very expensive for a live-action TV series, plus there would be a lot of extra work in order to make them feel like they fit in without being too gimmicky. I do think that if they want to go the CGI character root, then they should just make an animated series. But that's just my preference.

11. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

Not really that hard, you'd have Brent Spiner play his usual role, but you'd paint a "CGI Data" on top of him in final production. The actors and actresses would be responding to somebody who was actually there, and it helps that Data is supposed to be an Android and thus is not supposed to look quite human, that's why the white pasty makeup. If the CGI Data looks plastic, well that's to be expected, he's supposed to be an android. Note that the Robots in I Robot were entirely CGI.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

If you're gonna go to the expense of doing a CGI character, let it be someone truly alien looking, that actually needs CGI, such at the Xindi Insectoids, or Species 8472, maybe even an alien that's not Bi-Pedal

Regarding Time Frame, I think if it's set 20+ years after Voyager returns home, you've got "Crazy Technology" issues again, considering all the Borg enhancements and other advanced Tech Voyager brought home with them.

13. Nacluv

Nacluv Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

More early Vulcan history.

14. Bry_Sinclair

I love Vulcans, even though I know they could never love me back :lol:

A series set on an all-Vulcan ship, they could call it: "Star Trek: IDIC" :vulcan:

15. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

A ship full of poker faces and stilted dialog, wonderful!

16. BillJ

I'm not sure you've got a ratings winner there. :rofl:

17. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

I think Lenard Nimoy had it easy when he played spock, playing an emotionless character is easy, you just read your lines without any feeling, its doing the emotions that is hard.

18. Bry_Sinclair

It was a joke. Though just imagine the episode when they get flung back to 2012 and encounter "reality" TV :lol:

Though I know they have been in three series, I would like a Vulcan in the next series as well. They are an interesting and complex species, who always provide a different view on things. Perhaps in a very different role than we've seen them in before, Ship's Counsellor perhaps?

19. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

A vulcan maybe, but not a ship full of vulcans, that would be too much! I would like a Galaxy class ship flung back to 2012 then the Captain could beam people up and have his own "reality show" with the contestants.

20. Overbound

Overbound Ensign Red Shirt

Maddox breaks B4 and as punishment starfleet asigns him to becomes Data's yeoman.

A Data show doesn't have to be live action.