Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Green Arrow can so go to prison.

Task Force X.

the frakking Suicide Squad.

(the government in the comics sends imprisoned super villains on CIA-like missions to knock over tinpot dictatorships and/or kill difficult people, in exchange for time off their sentences... The super villains are rigged with suicide switches to ensure loyalty and precision. It's a really "grey" comic.")

Do a couple missions for the Wall, escape then defend a world that fears and loaths him as a murderer.

i loved how Laurel turned on him.

"He's a killer, I could see it in his eyes, I can't trust him, I can't work with him."

Which what Lana on Beauty and Beast should have said after spending 5 minutes with her Beast and "the girl" who found out about Dexter should have said 5 seconds after seeing him plunge one into Tom hank's kid.

I agree, the constant use of the DC atlas is riveting.

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

SPOLIERS IN REPLY:

Dinah is a hero in her own right. I imagine that her influence will serve to soften Ollie's approach to fighting crime. I am more curious to see how the whole blown identity thing is going to be resolved. Dig will put on the costume and do something in public perhaps?

3. Guy Gardener

Spider-man and Daredevil have subbed for each other more than once to put identity issues to one side when their secrets were endangered.

I can think of at least one 50s comic where Superman and Batman dressed up as each other to foil Lois lane and her constant aspersions.

Hmm?

What about a Hogans heores sort of vibe where Oliver breaks in and out of a nut house or evey night so that...

'What are we going to do tonight Oliver?"

"The same thing we do every night Diggle... TRY TO SAVE THE CITY!"

4. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Don't forget Big Belly Burger.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

6. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

That's what I am thinking. They will "inoculate" Oliver against future accusations by making it obvious he couldn't be the vigilante.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you're talking about what she's armed with in the picture, that's a crossbow, not a gun.

8. sojourner

Huh, I guess it is. From a certain angle it looks like she's holding a pair of matched semi-automatics.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I took an hour off from the election coverage to watch this week's episode.

Spoilers ahead...

No Huntress, but having him get caught so early was a bold move eventhough it was handled as you might expect. He's also digging himself deeper for when he really does get found out. And I have one gripeā€¦ They dropped the issue of what he did with the garb he found in the trash. Lazy writing?

I'm also really starting to like the flashbacks to his time on the island. It's a regular thing now and we'll get to see how he became the skilled crusader he's become. Lots of Lost-style goings on there too.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  11. sojourner

Wait, where are you that the show is being aired on Tuesday? We don't get to see it till wednesday in the states.

12. Guy Gardener

Canada gets a few shows an entire day early.

Then the internet distributes that television across the entire world.

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it aired in Canada last night, but I think it was a one-time thing.

14. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See, while all YOU mooks were reveling / reviling last night's election results, we Canucks were enjoying Arrow because we had to prove there was SOMETHING else on TV.

A good episode. Liking how the flashbacks continue to build the story of his missing time on the island. I *am* wondering why, isolated on an empty island in the middle of nowhere, ALL of the bad guys are wearing masks anyway? Are they afraid the rabbits will rat them out to the authorities?

I didn't know that Laurel's character has a comics history with Queen. Actually, I've been finsing the whole use of a relatively unknown superhero (well, I know he's a first-line good guy, but he hasn't had nearly the exposure as the Superman/Batman franchises have had) has been refreshing. Sorta like Batman, darker in some ways, but lighter in others.

Liked seeing Diggle kick ass too. He doesn't have an analog in the comics AFAIK, and I'm liking his story. Hopefully he'll keep on. He does provide a good contrast to Oliver "Even when I'm smiling I still look like I'm frowning" Queen in mannerisms and emotionality.

Mark

15. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Yes. American audiences didn't watch Arrow on Tuesday because they were too obsessed with the election results. It had nothing to do with the fact that it doesn't air until Wednesday there. Not at all.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Bugger.

my PVR didn't pick it up despite being auto set to record Arrow though I think CTV are dicking around with it a bit - it on CTV or CTV2

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome!

I really liked the latest episode, I like how the flashbacks are being incorporated. I wonder how long it's going to take before his sister learns his secret too.

19. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

So in the tent the guy with the Deathstroke mask is called Bishop. Does this imply Checkmate and can that mean Barrowman is Maxwell Lord?

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I have assumed its Lord all along. Just because I can not think of any other DC villain it would be. Not even because of a Checkmate connection because I have know of him more from the old JLI days. But looking that up I am even more convinced.