Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

We'd better have a Freedom of Information Act, my job depends on it! :lol:

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I had posted earlier this thread that it was definitely known earlier. At the 50th celebration, Deborah Watling said that she had received a call from someone at the BBC about it long ago.

Mr Awe

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Ah, yes, so you did. I remember that post now. It just further emphasizes my second point.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

As I mentioned in my earlier post, that screenshot and another one are from the Twitter feed of the site that "broke" the story.

6. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Those definitely read as the "more extensive" reveal being more detail about how and where the recoveries were made, rather than there being more episodes.

7. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

8. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm optimstic more have been found, but I don't think any more have been returned or restored.

9. Candlelight

Those involved have been told to lie, we know that much because Paul V had to painstakingly tell everyone who asked that we're still at 106.

That said, the MEW rumour was so accurate that it's hard not to believe that Marco is yet to make an appearance.

But as always, I'll just wait until we have an official announcement - which could hopefully happen on December 21.

10. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

There's not gonna be an announcement then - or the rest of this month. As they were twittering earlier this week, "This year's about the 50th anniversary and new Who in particular. Certain people (read: Moffat) don't want that upstaged." When 'The Time of the Doctor' and the Smith/Capaldi regeneration's out of the way, and the fans are waiting for Season 8 to start (presumably in August), that's when we'll start seeing announcements and releases.

11. Candlelight

It depends on - assuming there is something waiting in the wings - what the hold up is. An announcement four days before Xmas isn't going to hinder Matt Smith's final episode.

On Dec 21 there's a BFI (or was it MBW?) event. Some think it could be announced there.

OR if it is Marco then February next year would be a good choice, as that would be the 50th anniversary of The Roof of the World was broadcast.

They definitely wouldn't hold it until August.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

If there are technical difficulties, they might want to make sure those are resolved before they announce anything. People who are aware of these findings are actually a minority compared to the number of people who would become aware if BBC announced it. They probably think it's safer to leave as a rumor.

That being said, if they are ready to be released, I can definitely see February as a great time for it.

13. Candlelight

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I hope the article's right that the Taiwan find is evidence that there may be still more undiscovered episodes out there.

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Being Series 6, too bad it wasn't the other 5 The Space Pirates Episodes instead. That would make Series 6 Complete, considering Eps 1 and 4 of The Invasion have already been animated.

16. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a good chance that the Zambia purchase of Space Pirates - the last 'original' black and white sale - is the reason it's missing; the copies that might have survived went to Zambia instead.

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

He has to get himself into the centre of attention somehow, I guess.

18. Candlelight

Since 2011 there have been 24 episodes show up out of the woodwork;

July 2011: Galaxy 4 3 and The Underwater Menace 2
    August 2011: The Romans 3
    March 2012: The Reign of Terror 1
    April 2012: The Web Planet 6
    April 2013: The Rescue 1 and The Enemy of the World 1 2 3 4 5 6
    May 2013: The Web of Fear 1 2 4 5 6
    July 2013: An Unearthly Child 1 and The Tenth Planet 2
    December 2013: The Dominators 2 3 and The Seeds of Death 2 and The War Games 1 2

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Web of Fear 3 has also been confirmed, it just wasn't ready yet for iTunes, right? It'll be on the DVD Release? Or is that still just speculation?

20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That's the first time I've heard any rumors saying episode three of The Web of Fear was held back because it wasn't ready for release yet. I find that idea highly unlikely considering how long they had the episodes before releasing them. Surely if one of the episodes wasn't ready, they would've waited.