5x09 Cold Blood (Grading/Discussion) SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Count Zero, May 29, 2010.

?

What do you think about the episode?

1. Brilliant

37.4%
  2. Good

45.2%
  3. Average

10.4%
  4. Meh

2.6%
  5. I wish we had a puke smilie

4.3%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obviously you didn't concentrate on Rory hard enough as the episode was airing that he was removed from your memories when he was erased from time by the crack.

No great loss.

2. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

You have no idea at all what's going on here, do you? :lol:

3. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Humor. It is a difficult concept."

4. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From the evidence here, I'd say yes. That, or they want to link plot points to inconsequential things that they want to hold onto (i.e. Ten's regen, or anything at all from the RTD era, having anything whatsoever to do with the crack, etc.)

It's amazing. Moffat's ongoing, recurring theme is the whole wibbly-wobbly-phrase thing, where time is not linear. Yet, there are fans who simply refuse to wrap their heads around the concept, and instead insist on "seeing patterns in things that aren't there" (to quote the 8th Doctor).

Meanwhile, fantastic episode. Anyone who says otherwise is a whiny twat. :angel:

And Rory will be back. :techman:

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I hope so. I think I'm one of the few here who actually liked Rory.

Very cool to have the TARDIS wreckage in the crack.

I'm curious to how this will all play out.

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've gotten really intregued with this whole Crack thing. Even intregued enough to go back to Eleventh Hour and find the clip where Prisoner 0 said stuff about Pandorica opening and the Crack being something to a greater thing going on with the universe. I've got to wonder if Prisoner 0 is coming back. Who would have thought such an inconsequential character ended up so important. I might even watch this season again after it ends. Going through it once might make one miss a ton of things. I still don't think it's the best season, but hopefully this Crack storyline ends well because it's the best Storyline Doctor Who has done since 2005 (When I started watching).

7. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aw, now, give Checkmate his due. He's simply pointing out that it's okay to talk about spoilers for this supposedly new Rory character since this is a spoilers thread.

8. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

If you look at the TARDIS in the first episode, before it rebuilt itself, you can see that the door is still intact. Here for instance (click on the picture to enlarge it). It's 11's TARDIS that explodes.

Aw, I was getting to like him too. He saved the Doctor's life, how can you not like him?

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Yes, it is obvious the TARDIS explodes at some point in the future

10. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Who is who? Sorry, something seems to be missing in your post.

11. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another plus point for this episode was Stpehen Moore. Is he really 72 now.
    Everyone from Hitchhikers Guide is frozen in time in my memory.

12. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I'm not joking either, think about it, what if they are all in some kind of computer generated program, and the Doctor doesn't know it, he could be trapped

13. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Thanks. :vulcan: :p

14. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

I know, it's like saying anyone with intact critical faculties is a whiny twat.

15. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

That'll be me, then. :angel:

16. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

I'd rather be a whiny twat than the kind of braindead moron who found that episode anything other than embarrassing.

Oh hang on, I forgot the emoticon that makes a statement like that acceptable.

:angel:

17. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

But doesn't that mean something like "spoilers up to and including 5x09"?
    And since we did not see that Rory guy in the first nine episode or have him mentioned, this guy is probably mentioned in a spoiler tu a yet unaired episode - and it's not OK to talk about that.

;) :D

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh dear Lord what did I do with that joke! :lol:

19. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Yup, put me down for a Whiny Twat badge. I apologise for wanting a character death in an episode to have some kind of vague impact, and having a vague promise of future revelations does not compensate for that, sorry. "Rory will be back" doesn't do it either as it renders the event even more undone and pointless - just how many times is Rory going to be resurrected? And I adore the posters telling others they're mentally slow then happily writing off any kind of inconsistency as 'wibbly wobbly, timey wimey' - I think Moffat's best contribution to his own success on this show may well have been inventing that all encompassing get-out clause.

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

^I don't see how there was no impact??? He didn't just die, he didn't even exist. Upon death the best any of us can hope for is that our contribution to society, to those we loved, is remembered. McCoy is right in TWOK, he's really not gone as long as we remember him.

Well nobody does remember him, aside from the Doctor. Personally I found that way more shocking than someone just dying.