Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--"Absolution?" (AU Dukat)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nerys Ghemor, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but I finally got a drawing of what my AU Dukat (who is basically the good twin) REALLY looks like, as I see him in my mind.

In this particular pic, he's wearing desert robes, but the hair is pretty much typical for him no matter what. (Except from when his torturer cut it, at one point in his life.)

This is actually a scene from a round robin that I've entered him into over at Ad Astra; the other character belongs to trekfan of Ad Astra. This is from the scene where he finally manages to tell one of the characters who's been the most suspicious of him just how unnerving and upsetting he's found the knowledge of his duplicate. (The canon Dukat, of course.)

PLEASE NOTE--I had a photo reference I used for AU Dukat (a screencap from "Covenant"), but a portrait drawing only for trekfan's character. So, I realize that I have problems with the way I drew Daren Grimes. But, I still hope you'll enjoy this!

[​IMG]

2. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Very nice work! I like it! :)

3. Nerys Ghemor

Thanks for checking it out! :)

4. alkhemara

alkhemara Ensign Newbie

The detailing on his neck and neck ridge look spot-on, very natural, very real, very Dukat. Keep it up!

5. Nerys Ghemor

Thank you SO much for looking!!! This is one of my favorite drawings lately, and I really appreciate your comments. My AU Dukat is a character I absolutely adore to bits, so comments on this are wonderful. :)

It helped that I had a wonderful reference photo to work with, a screencap from "Covenant." In fact, here it is:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/7x09/covenant_099.jpg

Now, I had to fill in all the details myself, rotate the reference, and do a LOT of zooming in to get a basic idea of the shapes, proportions, etc. But that's what I used.

Obviously I changed the expression a LOT, not to mention his clothing and hair. But that was the basic reference.