The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 8, 2008.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

79.4%
  2. Above Average

13.5%
  3. Average

5.0%
  4. Below Average

0.6%
  5. Poor

1.5%
  1. guardian

guardian Commodore

A quick question..............

Near the end Gordon says of Dent "..........he killed 5 people--2 of them cops."

What 5 ? He killed the cop traitor 'Wurtz' and Eric roberts character & his driver, i assume.
    But he spared the female cop-traitor.
    Who was the other cop and the the fifth victim?

Thanks very much to anyone who knows or remembers!!

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Maybe one was the cop watching over Gordons family, the other I can't account for.

3. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could I ask someone who's seen this thing multiple times (or has a really good memory) for the dialogue between Gordon and Batman at the end? Or at least Gordon's final line? I can't recall it word for word.

4. guardian

guardian Commodore

That was one of my guesses--the other being a cop at the hospital at the time of his 'escape' from the hospital and perhaps the limo that wrecked had another front passenger, but it seems odd they'd say the number so specifically while not showing all the deaths.

Anyone else??

5. Captain Craig

The 2 cops watching over his room were called away by a nurse during the frantic evacuation.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I definitely think Nolan's interpretation is a good one, and one worth following for awhile.

I'm just saying that someday, maybe in another 15 years, I'd like to see a series of Batman movies that were closer to the comics and cartoon, and gave us more of the "superhero" Batman I prefer.

7. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Forever was flawed but still a good movie. However...
    I'm a life long Batman fan and I always believed that even a bad Batman film was better than no Batman at all. Until Batman & Robin.
    Complete and utter shit.

8. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC, Gordon stated, "We'll have to hunt you".

On another note, I want to know how many of the parents whining about the level of violence have violent video games for their kids, such as GTA or what other movies they let their kids see. It seems that the scene with the pencil has everyone on edge.

9. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Fantastic movie. Probably the best superhero movie ever.

Now here's Cogley's detailed, insightful review:

10. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rolleyes:
    There will always be someone. Sure, there was more violence than previous movies, and it was definately more intense. But it was no where near an R rating. Hell, a lot what could have been the graphic violence was mainly implied. But, when it's rated PG-13 for "Intense sequences of violence", that's a decent indicator that it isn't kiddie friendly.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ugh. That article hurt my brain.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Heh heh. Speaking of which, it looks like with the destruction of the Tumbler we might be getting a new Batmobile in the next movie. :techman:

As much as I liked the Tumbler, I definitlely wouldn't mind seeing a more traditional design next time.

13. Trekker4747

I almost cheered when the Tumbler got destroyed.

I hope the next Batmobile is more worthy of the name.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

To be fair, The Tumbler was never called The Batmobile. ;)

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

the "car" ;)

I don't think we'll any extravagant car like the 89 mobile. It will still be a roaring beast.

Ever since the tumbler was revealed I though the panels would connect and make the tumbler look really sleek.

With Fox gone Bruce is going to need someone else or try to bring him back.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Seriously. It's like that last guy in the article said, parents should do their own homework. It's their job to figure out why a movie is rated the way it is.

17. Captain Craig

Fox isn't gone. He was only gone if that survellience equipment stayed in contact. The closing voiceover revealed that "...and peoples trust deserves to be rewarded" as it showed Lucius entering his name while the program self-destructed. He smiled a wry smile of approval.

Lucius isn't gone.

18. Trekker4747

Seriously.

I got to ""This is not a regular comic-book movie," says Folger, who took her husband and two children, ages 11 and 14. "I know it's a good movie, but it should have been rated R." And I just rolled my eyes.

Firstly, I think 11 and frigging 14, especially, are old enough to handle the "violence" in this movie. And a little psychological mind-fucking isn't enough to warrant an "R"... Ugh.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I saw Terminator 2 when I was 11 or 12 and I turned out fine. The parents who make up these kind of excuses are too damn lazy to do the actual work and find out why the movie is rated the way it is.

20. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Ah, parents. When I saw Spider-Man, there was a trailer for Insomnia (funnily enough, being a Christopher Nolan movie), and a mom stood up and shouted, "Isn't anyone else bothered that they're showing an ad for an R-rated movie at a kids' movie?"

One person shouted that it wasn't a kids' movie, being PG-13, then another shouted that the trailer had been approved for all audiences. (Does no one read the text?) A third just yelled for her to leave.

Good times. Good times.