Haven Season 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Sep 15, 2013.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I knew she wouldn't be Audrey when she returned! I could see that coming a mile away. The plan to kill Nathan won't work now, since she doesn't love him. She doesn't even know him!

:lol:

This show is strangely entertaining despite some pretty bizarre twists and turns. Who the hell was Sheriff Carter supposed to be? He said something like "all I'm allowed to do is help you." Allowed? By who? Why? What's Dave on about? The barn is "dying"? Is it alive?

I hope the show does not end without satisfactory answers to all the mysteries they've raised.

And, just to note, the stand alone story with the kids disappearing was creepy as hell.

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, a lot happened in that last episode. Duke and Nathan both now know Audrey is back, Jordan gets offed, and Wade goes bananas.

I'm not sure about Wade going off the deep end. His marriage has broken up and he might have turned to booze to deal with it, but it didn't seem to be a consistent flow to get to where he seems fine with murdering Jordan.

Plus were we told before that Vince and Dave were troubled? I can't recall anything on it and I had assumed they were "clean" as Stillwater School would put it.

3. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Jordan was getting to be so annoying, I'm glad she's history. She said that she just wanted the troubles to be over, but she came across more as just a woman scorned.
    So "Lexie" knew she was Audrey when she came out of the barn? But the biggest question is how they are going to resolve the Nathan-Audrey-Duke triangle.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wade going off the deep end and killing Jordan fits right in with this show, meaning that it's out of nowhere and makes no sense because of how inconsistent and poorly-planned-out the writing is. Like Vince having a trouble, like Vince being the leader of The Guard.

Plus Wade's also the Ice Truck Killer. :p

5. 1001001

I finally caught up on the last three episodes (my stupid job doesn't give me nearly enough TV time!).

:scream:

Anyway, I liked the stories for the most part. The girl dreaming with Audrey/Lexi (rhymes with "Sexy") talking to her was a little awkward. Nathan's school-sex dream was pretty good though. :techman: More intentional humor in that episode than we've seen in a while, I think.

So now will they just forget all the murdered people, or will Duke get blamed? He took the boat to the dump site, he has the broken knife with his fingerprints in his kitchen...??

Agent Howard being Boston's adoption agent...???

I'm glad they brought back the M.E. She's hilarious. "You're a cop now? I bought pot from you!"

From the previews of next episode it looks like they're going to confront the Nathan-killing/Trouble ending issue head on. That's good. If his death really is the only way to stop the troubles, Audrey/Lexi is being very selfish.

6. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, it looks like they're going full-tilt into Dark Tower territory now.

+Crabs with human eyes that sound like cousins to lobstrosities

+Strange doors where there shouldn't be doors

+Talk of "thinness" between worlds

The producers are really squeezing all the Stephen King they can get out of this license. I'm curious to see how far they take this storyline (given the rights issues involved between this and other King properties, like the Dark Tower series).

Did anyone notice the paperback book in the box of mystery parents' belongings? I think the title was "Staked my Heart" or something like that. The camera did a brief linger on it: does anyone know if this is significant to the Haven show or maybe another work by King?

7. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

^ IIRC, Staked My Heart was the book that Audrey #1 (Emily Rose's Audrey) lent Faux Agent Howard before he sent her to Haven back in the pilot.

8. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, terrific memory.

So...does that mean that the new girl is Audrey's (or a past incarnation of Audrey's) daughter?

9. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Vince and Dave, her biological parents were Haven locals, and Faux Agent Howard facilitated her adoption. The reason she has that box of junk is because she found it in what she believes to have been her birth parents' old house.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Haven has been really good the last few weeks. It was nice that Jennifer addressed Duke's heroism directly-- one of the strange and cool things about this season is that Duke has been in charge. With Nathan no longer an authority figure, everybody seems to be defaulting to him, even with Dwight as chief. Weird things are happening, even by Haven standards. :rommie:

Especially the crabs with human eyes. :wtf:

And who else things that Agent Howard will be back-- and not on the same side as Colin Ferguson?

11. 1001001

Certainly could be. Now that they've re-introduced him, they could find a way to bring him back, at least in flashbacks to the adoption.

They gave some weight, finally, to the seriousness of Audrey and Nathan's dilemma. I liked that final scene, when he said he couldn't live with himself (about time!).

Then of course we find out that killing Nathan is not going to work, and then...BOOM!

Looks like Sheriff Carter is coming back too.

:techman:

12. RJDiogenes

And, whoa, Sheriff Carter is creepy.

I guess now we know why Audrey must kill the one she loves to end the Troubles.

13. 1001001

But it looks like whatever happens to him happens to her, so they basically both have to die to set the town free.

So what are they? Gods of mischief? Aliens with a messed up sense of humor? Evil farmers from another dimension?

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So can William feel Nathan making love to Audrey?

It might explain why he's such an asshole.

15. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Audrey seems to have forgotten about her kid. Nathan at least made a passing mention that he might have killed him when he caused the barn to explode.

William is a tad unstable. Carving "NOT HER" into someone's forehead after you kill them is pretty disturbed. Oh, and the whole killing people, super-charging troubles, stalking thing is also a bit out there.

16. RJDiogenes

I wonder if that's why the prophecy was reversed when he came through the door. Maybe they're only linked on this side of the barn.

Something from another dimension. And they've been around for centuries, at least in our time.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They could be faking us out?

"Nother" might actually be a word that means something.

18. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the Colorado Kid wasn't Audrey's kid--he was Sarah's (or whoever she was then) and Nathan's. She didn't really remember the "other" incarnations' lives.

19. 1001001

So am I the only one left watching?

I think they've veered off a little with the whole William thing. Maybe it's just me but it seems to be dragging out a bit, and the mythology is getting denser and harder to believe. No one seems curious about where they come from. That seems weird to me.

Season finale next week. I'm expecting a big cliffhanger with the whole "Who is she really?" thing not being resolved. I don't know how the ratings are doing...???

20. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am still following along.

I like the new direction it's taken, Williams role is very mysterious and a nice change from the trouble of the week formula I was beginning to feel wearing thin. I actually cheered out loud when it became clear some answers regarding the lighthouse were forthcoming!