PS4 and Xbox One Launch Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Should have my console in about 12 hours oooooooooo :drool: so close yet so far.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Lucky bastard.

:p

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Got text from Shop To - My package is due 12:20-13:20 so only 2 hours to go, ooooooooo feels like christmas has come early. Already got Creed IV in the post today and Killzone is coming in the box so that should keep me busy for next few weeks.

oh and the text even told me the name of my driver "Phil" :lol: hurry up Phil.

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Pray Phil is not stuck in a time loop delivering all day for the rest of his life :p

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey ;)

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Mine's arrived, set up and downloading the PS+ games as we speak. I also installed iPlayer, Demand 5 and Netflix.

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Mine is here as well and installing everything rather quickly I might add :techman:

[​IMG]

Having issues with PSN went to redeem my 12 month PS+ (got 1 month left on my account) and first error then it accepted by code but error when I clicked confirm and then already in use on 3rd attempt so I hope it accepted it on the 2nd one.

Went to download Resogun for free and error.

Sony servers struggling.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  8. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Picked up Jr's PS4 Killzone + extra controller and camera from Game this morning - got some great deals on half price Lego Marvel and Injustice plus annual PlayStation+ membership for £29.99.

Pity I find video games terminally dull...I can kiss goodbye to the T.V. for a while !

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Jr still can't access PS+

10. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Managed to get a PS4 on Black Friday after a text message from My local GameStop said they'd have a limited supply. I got the next to last one. I felt bad for the dude 2 places behind me because he was in the parking lot before me, but he decided to wait in his car until 15 mins before opening.

First impressions are that this system is much faster and more responsive than the PS3. Snapping from game to menu and back to game is just that. A snap. I picked up Killzone Shadowfall, Knack, COD and Need For Speed Rivals, which is only my 2nd racing game ever.

Need for Speed us a blast!! The cars and road look so photorealistic. The game sort if blends single and multiplayer in the way that some players can choose to be racers and others cops and you all populate the same world. You pass a cop too fast and then the chase is on. If the y catch you, they take all of your "SpeedPoints." Awesome!!

The next game I played is the XDEV PSN title Resogun. New School graphics mixed with old school arcade fun. If you've ever played the arcade game DEFENDER, then you know the just if this. Great game that I think people will play for years to come.

Lastly, Knack has gotten such mixed reviews, but I think reviewers were too jaded on this due to its Pixar style graphics. This is probably the game that says NEXT GEN the most of the ones I got mostly because it's not a sequel and secondly, I like the game mechanics. The more you hit opponents, the larger and stronger you grow and the more they hit you, the weaker and smaller you get. 1-2 hits can be enough to kill you and the checkpoints can be brutal at times. It may not be the easiest game for kids, but my 7 y/o doesn't seem to be having a tough time on the Easy setting. As a matter if fact, he's playing it now and it's all he can talk about since he started playing. This game is definitely under rated. The Metacritic is at 55 right now but if I were to score it, I'd say a high 7 or low 8 range. Not a great game, but a solid second game purchase for a new console. The sequel will be more successful, IMHO.

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

From what I hear, the authentication servers are either down or glitchy. You can apparently redeem any codes via the web version of the store on a PC. Would be worth a try if you're having trouble redeeming it on the PS4 itself.

12. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

^ Thanks for that, but he's in now !

13. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad to hear it. Game on! :)

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Can't party chat due to NAT Type so decided to go wired based but my Ethernet cable won't fit the PS4 slot for some reason but another one of mine will however thats too short a cable :lol:

So ordered a new longer one.

15. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That guy is what we call "loser"
    Love Resogun, great fun. They did Super Stardust HD on PS3. That was also good, but was more like RC Cola than Pepsi when compared to Geometry Wars IMHO.
    Got it with my Taco Bell won console, otherwise I never would have touched it with a ten foot pole. Yeah. It's not a bad game. It's fun to play, it looks great. The story and supporting characters are a bit bland... I'm only like halfway through but so far I feel like I should be siding with the orcs anyway!

I need to get back to it, but this past week has been all Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 is the best game for either console IMO. Forza is pretty fun, but that's coming from a guy who doesn't usually get into racing sims so I can't compare it with Gran Turismo or previous Forzas. And Ryse was not half bad. I've got to give the win to the Xbox One on launch games by a not-insignificant margin, but for the long haul it's still got to be PS4.

16. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did the micro transactions in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and I did enjoy the game, but I don't see myself paying more for a game I paid full retail for. I'd much prefer more story based DLC than that.