Dr Who/Star Trek Crossover WAS planned by RTD

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by zodin4spock, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Or, the simple solution.

Treat them as two separate universes. We know that the TARDIS can travel into other universes (E-Space, Pete's World).

Or the even simpler solution.

Don't give a shit how they fit together. Let the fanboys have apoplexy and aneurysms trying to figure out how they work. Focus instead of telling a story. :evil:

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Screw Star Trek I still want a Who/Blakes 7 crossover! :scream:

A Who/Ent crossover would have been ok, but a Who/DS9 crossover...I'd pay to see that.

The prophets might be Eternals for all we know, and Id love to see Tennant and Andrew Robinson bounce off one another!

3. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

A Who/ENT crossover would've been great! Logistically and financially, I don't think it could happen. I don't think they'd have the resources to make it happen, or the financial ability to make it worthwhile for Paramount. Too many obstacles.

Maybe if they made a large budget Dr Who movie? But, if they were to do that, not sure if I'd want it to be a crossover movie. Novels would probably be the best place.

Mr Awe

4. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

I like how you think :techman:

5. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Time War, Temporal Cold War...it could've work. If nothing else the doc playing off T'Pol could have been interesting

6. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Eccleston's Doctor and the season 1 Rose would just have shown how humourless, empty and wooden the cast of Enterprise were.

I would have loved to have seen that!

7. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

It could work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhu7LUxprs

It would have been the ultimate crossover next to Star Wars/Star Trek crossover.

Id have loved to have seen the Doctor on the Enterprise NX and have it all tied into the Time War, TCW. Would have been great.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, just superimpose some Who elements over Assignment: Earth and re-record some of the dialog:
    Instant Crossover Episode!

Now someone make a photoshop of David Tennant, or Eccleston if you will, on the Enterprise's Transporter platform with a cat on his arm! :guffaw:

9. knine

knine Captain Captain

I'm so glad this didn't happen.

10. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed.

11. The Comedian

The Comedian Captain Captain

Screw Enterprise.

After the latest movie, the Doctor needs to show up and take Old Spock home. Old Spock knows too much...and THERE would be some fascinating interaction.

In fact, since we're fanwanking, let's go all out and have Spock travel with the Doctor for a while...:)

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

John Peel and I mulled this over on email about a decade ago, but never took it anywhere...

You could have the Doctor visit the Trek-verse easily - it'd just be another location for an adventure. That's the thing about DW- there are *no* limits.

13. Tomalak

It wouldn't work, for the simple reason that the styles of the two are so different. Star Trek characters (Starfleet anyway) are rather po-faced, whereas the Doctor comes across as a carefree mischief-maker.

Basically the Trek characters would treat him like Q, Trelane, The Outrageous Okona, or Harry Mudd, and they would be like any number of the various blustering space ship crews the Doctor has met over the years.

I like the idea of the pastiche of a Star Trek-style ship.

14. Tomalak

It wouldn't work, for the simple reason that the styles of the two are so different. Star Trek characters (Starfleet anyway) are rather po-faced, whereas the Doctor comes across as a carefree mischief-maker.

Basically the Trek characters would treat him like Q, Trelane, The Outrageous Okona, or Harry Mudd, and they would be like any number of the various blustering space ship crews the Doctor has met over the years.

I like the idea of the pastiche of a Star Trek-style ship.

15. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Try The Blue Angel by Paul Magrs and Jeremy Hoad. Among the many things that book is, it's also a K/S novel.

I annoyed John Ordover once when I suggested that The Blue Angel was the best Star Trek novel published that year. That it said Doctor Who on the cover was beside the point.

16. Lonemagpie

At first they would - and then he'd team up with them and save the day and they'd realise they're wrong.

The whole point of DW is that you can put him into *any* style of setup or series - cop show, western, period drama, horror, reality show... And he'll still fit.

The only people who think "oh, they won't fit" are really fans of one series who look down on the other.

Now, they wouldn't work as a regular thing, or a series: Star Trek Gallifrey wouldn't work, cos Trek is all about (Western) humans pulling together for truth, justice and the American Way, while DW is about individual libery and responsibility - but on a single, individual basis, a visit from the Doctor would pretty much equate to an episode where one of the crew discovers that they *can* do what it takes because they're an individual.

17. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Doctor Who crossed with nuBSG.

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I still think the best DW/ST crossover would be Tom Baker's Doc meeting Kirk's crew. Lots of larger than life characters all round there, while I think Baker and Nimoy would have meshed well. While he and Shatner could have competed in the overacting stakes ...

19. knine

knine Captain Captain

If I were to pick one show for Doctor Who to do a cross over with, it would be The X-Files.

20. Lonemagpie

I always, always *always* wished that in one of those shots when they have the conspirators (John Neville etc) gathered together in a plush room they could have squeezed Nick Courtney in in the background...