Doctor Who set/on location reports thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I like that last one :lol:

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

If that is the regular look of the TARDIS they are returning to a more worn, neglected exterior again like in the Hartnell years apparently.

Poor TARDIS.

4. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's probably from a volcano. This is supposed to be the episode where they return to Pompeii to explain why the Doctor now looks like Lucius Caecilius Iucundus. (I eagerly await the episode where they explain why Morton Dill looks like Steven Taylor with a bad accent...)

5. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are they really? Then that will be the THIRD time the Doctor goes back to this relevant period - don't we forget the Seventh in Fires of Vulcan.

6. StCoop

Supposition obviously but Moffat did say Lanzorote was standing in for the site of a previous story and no disrespect to 'Planet Of Fire' but I doubt a return to Sarn is on the cards. Plus the only place they seem to have shot in the few days they were there was around the El Cuervo volcano.

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

They can just say that the Doctor's subconscious sometimes pick the form of someone the Doctor has encountered in his travels, and when he regenerates his subconscious (or whatever mechanism the regeneration is choosing the details of his form) may use the image of someone else. Obviously, this would explain Capaldi and Colin Baker's Doctor. So maybe there are people out there who look just like the past Doctors previous forms?

Maybe for female Timelords like Romana they can consciously pick the form, like she did with Astra.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not sure speculation needs spoiler-boxing...

Maybe the Fourth Doctor was a fan of All Creatures Great and Small.

I've always seen that as less about gender (since we now know that's mutable for at least some Time Lords/Ladies) and more about training and discipline.

Anyway, I always had the impression that the reason the Master had used up all his lives by "The Deadly Assassin" was that he kept regenerating as a form of disguise (though now I can't find a line about that in the episode transcripts). If that's so, then presumably he had some control over what he looked like.

9. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I don't recall that being stated onscreen. Nice theory but I doubt he'd waste lives like that anyway. He was pretty good at disguise without regenerating.

Mr Awe

10. StCoop

A better photo from today:

[​IMG]

So Series 8 will feature (at some points) an old man travelling in time and space with two teachers and a pupil from Coal Hill.

Now that's Old School.

11. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

in the novelisation of The Deadly Assassin the Doctor mentions that the Master had used regenerations as disguise (and I think it was accelerated regeneration too). Not sure if it was stated on-screen, though.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Who's the woman in the foreground?

That must be where I got it from. (There was a time when I had a copy of every Doctor Who novelization in existence. I still have the majority of them, though most of them haven't been read in a couple of decades.)

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

People keep implying these two new ladies are regular new Companions? Where is that information coming from? Last thing I knew, the new School related Companion/Recurring Character Danny Pink is a Guy?

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Supposedly, she is Danny Pink's sister. If true, the Doctor is now traveling with his companion's boyfriend and his sister. Far cry from the days when he stated "I don't do domestic."

15. Samurai8472

One of these days the doctor should travel with a family.

A father a mother and young daughter

He probably has but I can't keep track of all the companions.

I'm not talking about one episode but two seasons.

16. Sindatur

Pssst...Amy, Rory and River ;) (Well, River is young compared to The Doctor and Rory)

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Peter looks like he's about to break into song and dance. :lol:

I was in Pompeii last month and when I saw the below, I couldn't help but wonder which Doctor visited:

[​IMG]

18. StCoop

And he tweeted recently that Ellis George, who's in these photos, would by playing his sister. (This is the first time we've seen her but her second episode so far.) He also posting this* photo of the Cast's chairs and you don't tend to get one with your name on if you're just a guest star.

http://doctorwhonotices.weebly.com/uploads/2/1/9/1/21913844/142300441.jpg?729

19. Sindatur

Ah, thanks

20. Samurai8472

That's clearly the Masters TARDIS