NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd say it's about time we got this thread going. The Season starts in about 24 hours and I can't wait. Week 1 might be my favorite week of the regular season, with a game Thursday, a full Sunday menu (Redzone will be running on my TV pretty much the entire day) and then my favorite, the two Monday Night games. The quest for 6 for the San Francisco 49ers starts Sunday. It's a pretty big game too, against the Packers.

2. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not that excited. To start with; our team's uniforms have been voted the worst in the history of the NFL . . . this season is not starting off so good! Normally the uniform look has been the best thing about out team; now we have nothing!! :)

3. j3067

j3067 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

^Yeah...pretty rough all around for the teams in Florida. I think the Jags new helmets are worse than the Dolphins though.

My hopes this season ride on the RG-Knee. Hopefully the Skins stick with the Burgundy over Gold scheme for the the home uniforms.

4. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I'll just get this over with...

[​IMG]

:techman:

5. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I've got a fantasy football draft (my 3rd league this year) that does a live draft during tonight's game. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out... I expect if Montee Ball runs in a touchdown, he'll be the next one off the board!

6. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I don't see how the game should have much influence on the draft unless a big name gets injured badly.

7. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know which Florida team you're a fan of (sorry) but in a world where the Steelers' bumblebee uniforms exist, I have my doubts that your team's uniforms are the worst.

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

(Sigh) The Raiders -- I don't even want to go into it. At least the Time Warner CBS blackout ended.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

OT: Yeah, but when is DirecTV going to end its feud with the Pac 12 network?!?!

:scream:

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another undefeated season for the beloved Denver Broncos ahead.

11. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Bah gawd, Manning is putting on a clinic and giving Welker a hell of a first game welcome.

12. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Broncos are beating seven kinds of shit out of the Ravens. :lol:

13. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, I'm sure that's exactly what the network wanted for their nationally televised season opener. :lol:

For me, that's exactly what I wanted. In fact, it almost wasn't bad enough. Defense and Special Teams looked far better than they did in the preseason... but who needs Def and ST when your offense can go out there and hang 40+ points on teams? We'll see if they can keep this up now!

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So yeah Payton Manning is a pretty good QB. What a game he had last night. Of course like last year, it's only one game and not indicative to the season as a whole, but it was really fun to watch.

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Love games like that as a Pats fan. 2 of our potential rivals playing eachother, so either way, one of them has to lose a game and start in a hole. Would have preferred Denver lose, as I don't think the Ravens are going to be great this year, but hey, I'll take it :)

16. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad I wasn't playing against Peyton Manning in either of my fantasy football teams.

Can't wait for Sunday.

Go Pack Go!!

17. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Texans will lay waste to Manning and the mountain donkeys later this season.

Maybe. :lol:

18. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Fun facts: After one game, Peyton Manning has one fewer touchdown pass in 2013 than the Kansas City Chiefs had in all of 2012 (and as many TD passes as Raiders had in all of 2006).

Additionally, the last seven NFL champions all had the NFC East and the New England Patriots on their schedule.

The Broncos are the only team in the NFL this year with that schedule.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who's this Manning fellow you speak of?

[​IMG]

20. VXX

VXX Lieutenant Red Shirt

i'm just glad the season has started

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.