Deep Space Nine music video

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by sisko01, Jul 18, 2011.

1. sisko01

sisko01 Cadet Newbie

Hello all, I just completed my first video for submission to the Star Trek Las Vegas Creation convention music video contest. I attend numerous conventions each year and it seems DS9 is never recognized as much as say TNG. So with that this is.... (What PARAMOUNT left behind..:scream:) I grew up with TOS in the early 70's but DS9 swayed me away from Kirk...Hell i never thought that would happen. I hope you enjoy my tribute to the finest Trek. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xCH6_m4_g

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Have you already sent the DVD in to them? 'Cause you spelled Cirroc Lofton and Nicole de Boer's names wrong. :alienblush:

3. sisko01

sisko01 Cadet Newbie

Yea, the final cut has been sent in, the one posted was the first of, so many cuts and a few changes here and there. The final has the correct spelling and its a little smoother flowing, with a few more fades and such in bedded in the final version. I do have to tell you it sure looks a lot easier than it is. My hat is off to the winners of past, present and future.

4. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Just out of curiosity, why did you select that music?

5. reversepolarity

reversepolarity Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

clearly because he wanted to make it a long video, there aren't that many 8 min tracks out there, and everyone loves a bit of g'n'r.

6. sisko01

sisko01 Cadet Newbie

Reversepolarity is correct. I wanted to tell a story of sorts. I watched tos from the begning so I am old school. The beatles there were a few, beach boys couldnt find a good match but I did rework california girls to Federation girls. Van Halen tried running with the devil didnt work. Early 80s was a good time for music but not what I was looking for. Enter Guns and Roses. I have seen them twice in concert, they sang and wrote songs of a turbulent time. They were from the streets and I worked those streets as a cop. What they sang about was happening at the time. Anyway the lyrics to November Rain are very powerfull and emotional as is DS9. So in the end everyone needs somebody. Just ask Jake Sisko he lost both parents.

7. Crewman Becky

Crewman Becky Cadet Newbie

Hey sisko01, Cpt Pyke & I met you and your wife @ the con last week, but we can't remember your name/info. Email us through the contact on our site & we'll mail you some Subspace Communique stickers :)