Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

:)

You, sir, are correct.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

From what I've heard, this was a good ep so I can't wait to watch it.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is exactly the point, the writers like to poke fun at how normal sitcoms work.

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Best. Episode. Ever.

Ok, maybe not THE best, but it's certainly up there, if only for Abed's obsession with "The Cape" XD

"THAT SHOW WILL BE GONE IN THREE WEEKS!"

"..AND THEN THEY'LL MAKE A MOVIE!"

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It almost seemed like an episode with a bunch of mini sketches. Lots of hilarious bits. I'm gonna watch it again on Hulu right now.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

In the cateria I thought it went...

The show will last three episodes. (Or something like that)

And then Abed went....

Six seasons and a movie!

8. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Yeah, "six seasons and a movie" I LOLd.

Great episode, again. A meta and self-referential ouroboros that may cease to have ever existed someday.

9. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Possibly the best line of the episode, "Abed, you're a computer..."

10. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

i really dislike Chang this past season. awful! i actually think season 1 was stronger than 2. or at least i remember more episodes from season 1 (especially the back half) than season 2.

11. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Yup, just watched it again. Your right. :p

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome episode. And yeah, the Cape stuff was hilarious (especially the scene at the end when they were ALL wearing the stupid black cape. lol)

13. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

Just about horked up a lung, laughing so hard!

14. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

15. Admiral_Young

Okay. Best episode of the season and probably in my top three all time. They totally made fun of themselves and their structure in this episode! It was a clip show but they did it in such a unique way (showing "meta" clips!). The Annie of Everything!!! (I think that was her quote). So...FINALLY some resolution on Britta and Jeff or was that just another swerve? Chang wasn't annoying this episode. I understand why timothy asked if this was the season finale now. It could pretty much serve as one.

16. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's there to resolve? Britta and Jeff had a thing for one-another last season, they realized they don't have feelings for each other after Britta humiliated herself in the season one finale, and they've been occasionally fucking each other when the mood struck.

It's Jeff/Annie that's full of unresolved issues and emotions, not Jeff/Britta.

17. Admiral_Young

^ Okay you just came out of nowhere. Welcome to the thread! I guess my point with Jeff/Britta is they chose to out of the blue reveal they've been messing around with each other and once again chosen not to deal with anything.

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

The interviews indicate that they just couldn't stand the idea of having a traditional "will they/won't they" plotline. I think the writers are bored by traditional romance.

19. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

^From what I've read, Dan Harmon is frustrated by the fact that people keep focusing on the "ships" and has basically said he's willing to fuck with them for the hell of it. I think if people are hoping for a nice, linear romance on this show, they're likely to be disappointed.

The episode itself was just brilliant on so many levels. Loved the subversion of the flashback meme as basically an excuse to toss out a billion little quick-hit gags, but what really made it work is that they had obviously sown some of the seeds very early on which paid off here (for instance, there was a quick beat in the bottle episode where Britta made some dig about Jeff's new shorts, to which Abed reacted very suspiciously) and the bits that they obviously filmed during much earlier episodes like xmas and Halloween.

Specific bits that stood out for me were the beat with Britta and Annie when Britta just grabbed Annie's chapstick and tossed it on the ground - so simple and so quick, yet so rooted in the characters; the Habitat scene; the argument montage; the Jeff speech montage; diorama Chang looking forlornly through the window; the glimpse of what was really happening during the xmas episode; and the dig at shipper vids.

This one is up there with the paintball and chicken finger episodes in the pantheon of the truly awesome. I hope they can keep this momentum up through the end.

20. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks! I just discovered Community last week and devoured all of Season Two and key episodes of Season One. :)

Well, to me, the Jeff/Britta relationship seems resolved on an emotional level: They're friends, and they're physically attracted to one-another, but they don't have deeper feelings. The revelation that they're doing the friends-with-benefits thing came out of the blue, but I really don't think there's anything else to deal with.