Looking for a civilian or non-Starfleet text RPG (PBEM or forum-based)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by TJ Sinclair, Jan 4, 2013.

1. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know there's a thread for sims advertising for players, but I'm a player looking for a sim, so I hope this post is okay.

Been out of the game for a couple of years since the last PBeMs I was in went under, I'd like to get back into it, but I really would like something that isn't the traditional Starfleet sim. My favorite experiences have always been on mainly civilian sims, or ones where there was heavy civilian focus. But sims like Siencia Colony, Kal-Dixas, Junction Point, Walkabout and SS Warden are few and far between and hard to find.

Other than the one or two in Obsidian Fleet, does anyone know of an active sim that focuses on civilians? Finding sims that aren't part of one of the big "fleets" or groups is rather difficult. I'm always on the lookout, but have been coming up empty lately.

I can always go back to Starfleet if I have to, but like I said, I've had much more fun over the years with civilian sims. A colony, an independent outpost, a cargo ship... something like that. Anyone got a lead on one? :)

2. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Looking for a civilian or non-Starfleet text RPG (PBEM or forum-ba

Hmm... if that's tl;dr for you, basically... anyone know of a civilian-oriented Trek PBeM or forum game?