Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

No classic rock, though.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The real question should be is IM3 better than the first IM? ;)

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ I highly doubt that.

5. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

whoa, pooched that one.

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

RDJ and Paltrow may think their done but just watch Marvel release a press statement

Rob Lowe and Jessica Chastin cast as Tony Stark and Pepper Potts.

;)

7. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

They could make worse choices.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, even if RDJ and Gwyneth Paltrow are done I don't see them ending the series, unless for ome reason 3 bombs, and I don't see that happening.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

They've already said that when RDJ hangs up his helmet, they'll re-cast in the vein of James Bond. No reboots. Though I don't envy the George Lazenby/ Roger Moore who tries to fill Downey's, er, boots.

11. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Got tickets for Wednesday night. 2D, of course.

12. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Honestly I don't see RDJ hanging up the helmet for a while. Sure they may go 'yeah we're done' but there's a dangling 'For now...'

Personally I wouldn't mind even if there weren't any more "Iron Man" movies, if Iron Man and Pepper show up in other Marvel movies. Sure there are plenty of Iron Man centric stories to tell but honestly I think at most there could be another trilogy before people people go "Yawn... Iron Man beating up another armored guy... again."

I think it's a better idea after IM3 to focus on building up the rest of the MCU. Like with Avengers, you got a little bit of everyone - save for Rhodey but - I think RDJ can fit in a few shorter things than more massive movies.

Of course, it depends on how big the truck of money they roll up to his house is. Granted he isn't getting any younger and eventually they'll have to go a bit younger - but RDJ is sorta Tony Stark at his core. Rob Lowe... maaaaaybe but I think people would go "Okay where's the REAL Tony Stark?"

Only thing I can think of that would let RDJ play Stark for a longer period of time, regardless how much he ages, just not have him get out of his armor. They can put in some Just for Men in his hair and mustache, make up and CGI out any wrinkles and just use the HUD for most of his facial scenes.

Hell for most of the Civil War and Secret Invasion arcs he hardly EVER got out of his armor.

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Odd suggestion given that he's older than RDJ.

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

In other news Iron Man 3 nearly made 200 million after the first weekend overseas and it hasn't even started up in the US.

I don't think it'll beat Avengers but i'm confident it will crack the 1 billion mark.

Isn't the time schedule booked solid until Avengers 2? Cap 2, Thor 2, Guardians, Dr. Strange, Ant Man + whatever other hero the deem fit to cram in.. seems pretty full until we see Avengers 2. I haven't seen IM3 yet so i can't comment on the story progression for Stark but Whedon is planning with with him for Avengers 2.

Guess we'll wait and see.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I started my re-watch today. Iron Man, Iron Man 2, "The Consultant" and Avengers.

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

17. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

really average flick with a weak last half hour, but better than IM2. i liked the attack on his house though, and the links to the avengers.

though for reference i hated both the avengers and IM2 (though liked IM1).

18. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I won't be angry if RDJ decides to move on and take Iron Man with him. People forget that he's a great actor that can do more than play himself acting like a superhero. He can still grow as an actor and he probably wants the challenge right now. It's best to let him leave at a high point so he wants to come back for cameo's. As for The Avengers, since the roster evolves over time losing Iron Man isn't a huge hit. They need to develop Captain America and Thor and establish Hawkeye (why doesn't he have his own movie in pre-production) and Black Widow while introducing new heroes like Wonderman, Vision and Scarlet Witch.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

While RDJ will always be knowm as IM to many fans, he certainly can't take the character with him. Disney/Marvel owns the character.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral