50TH Anniversary rumor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by timelord1010, Jul 10, 2012.

1. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'm sure it won't be the last rumour that appears re: the 50th Anniversary. Though what would our wishlist be for the 50th anniversary?

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

a Four Doctors with Eleven, Ten, Eight and a pre-Unearthly Child First.

the return of the Ice Warriors.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Hopefully true, and hopefully not the only one. I'd like to see them all return, but, not crammed into a single 1 hour special, I'd like to see it be at least 2 hours (Or maybe even 3 horus) and feature them all in some way (Not necessarily all on screen at once, that would probably be less exciting than it sounds. But, they could do several scenes showing a couple few of them together. Maybe teams of 2 or 3 of them working on specific sections of the major plot, and it would culminate with Matt Smith carrying the heavy lifting of the finale of the story, and maybe including a past Doctor or two with him, in his piece of it

Since Eccelston has sworn off Doctor Who, that leaves us 6 prior Doctors to work with plus Matt Smith

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Am I the only one who'd like a more original anniversary story than just a multi-Doctor thing *again*, bringing back past Doctors?

How about a season where each episode features revisiting a past companion, ending up with a finale featuring Ian Chesterton?

6. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be honest - and its the same with Big Finish - if they don't do it for the 50th, then they never will.

Big Finish haven't done it yet. They've teased, they've had the actors work together for a few scenes, but never done an all out interacting multi-doctor adventure.

7. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't believe anything that comes from that rag. Doubly so when their source is our old friend the "unnamed insider".

There'll be many variations on the above story until the Anniversary episode(s) are shot. (Which going at the length of time it's taking Moffat to write a script these days will probably be this time next year.)

8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Yes. Shut it. I want all the Doctors back for the 50th anniversary.

Can't we have both?

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

If we could only have one Doctor return for a 50th Anniversary, I think I would pick the 8th.

And have them meet each shortly before the Doctor uses 'the moment' to end the time war. Or why/how the Doctor comes to posses it, and devel maybe a bit into his reasons for using it (yes I know why it is used, to prevent the Time Lords from ending time).

10. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

I would like to see or at least find out what happened to all of the other timelords that were out in the universe like Romana, The Rani, Susan, even the Doctor's Daughter Jenny.
    In the episode The Doctor's Wife, The Doctor looked like he was actually expecting to find another living Timelord. It's hard to believe only The Doctor and The Master were the only one's not on Gallifrey.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Mine, sadly, involves actual time travel or rejuvenation, so I doubt it would happen. :(

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

It is possible that Matt Smith will depart the role of the Doctor after the 50th Anniversary, if that is the case to you end the 50th Anniversary episode with a Regeneration?

After all the next episode up no doubt would be the Christmas special a few weeks later (assuming the episode actually airs on Saturday the 23rd November) and if I were the BBC One Controller, I couldn't resist doing so)

I'm also expecting BBC Three to do something as well in the weeks leading up to and/or the weekend of the 50th Anniversary. Maybe showing a serial/episode from each of the other Doctor's. As well as some sort of documentary on the show to be commisioned. With a theme night maybe on BBC Two.

13. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thats the silly thing though. Whilst it would be great to have Paul on TV as the Doctor again, it would be celebrating the show with an actor who spent 80 minutes in the role (on screen)

There's a list on another site somewhere of things they are considering, a one off Confidential for 3, a Science of Doctor Who for 4 and a prom.

The first Director Waris Hussien has also said Mark Gattis might be writting a Road to Doctor Who style drama.

Oh and I heard another rumour I'd be killed for repeating...

It could be an interesting year.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

We have 6 other living Doctor's of which one has ruled himself out leaving Doctor's 4-8 and 10 for possible re-appearence. Leaving 10 aside from Doctor's 4-8.

The Fourth and Fifth I suspect would likely be towards the top of preference for most people. The 6th would no doubt be near the bottom and the 7th in the middle. As for the 8th we only got to see him once, so I re-apperance might work in his favour.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Matt Smith regenerates into Tom Baker, Tom Baker then looks at the screen and says 'Just Kidding!' then regenerates to Doctor 12.

16. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Colin Baker has also said he's not interested.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I would like that Series Long idea, with each episode featuring someone different, but, I'd want it to be Doctors and Companions, in a perfect world

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i remember seeing an interview with Tom on youtube where he said he most likely wouldn't come back for the 50th anniversary.

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Agreed, I want both.

Honestly, as much as I want all of the surviving Doctors to return, I think I want William Russell to return as Ian Chesterton even more. More than anything else, I would love the dichotomy of the young-looking Doctor alongside the old companion. That and it's bloody Ian Chesterton!

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

maybe just do a multi-companion story. Ian, Jamie, Jo Grant, Peri, and Ace team up to save the Doctor or somesuch.