Halloween Costume Thread (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Oct 5, 2010.

1. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

It's that time of year again! The time when the leaves on the trees whither and die, and we celebrate all things unholy by devouring sweets and playing dress up like children!

Here is the thread to share your costume ideas, and post your pics! Whether you plan on spending hours with a sewing machine and hot glue gun, or grabbing a costume in a bag off the drug store shelf last minute, this is the place to tell us about it!

I recall I was sick on Halloween last year, and so did not dress up, but here are my awesome Danger Mouse pics from the year before!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This year I am entertaining the idea of being a moustachioed gay sailor boy.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Nice. :)

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I typically don't figure out my costume until the day before Halloween, and then I go on a massive last-minute shopping spree to get everything together. I still have no idea what I'm going to be this year, but here are some pictures from years past (pay no attention to the drunkenness in our eyes!)...

My roommate and I as Mal and Jayne:
    [​IMG]

The same roommate and I as Jim Halpert (The Office) and Chuck Bartowski (Chuck):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Peter Parker --> Spiderman --> Venom
    (yes, the Spiderman and Venom costumes were actually toddler pajamas):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, of course, my roommate and I as He-Man and Prince Adam:
    [​IMG]

For two straight guys, we have had some pretty gay costumes. :lol:

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I always have to think of a costume that will allow me to wear my glasses at the same time. Masks are also out, since I like to wear my costume to work on Halloween. Last year I was Dr. Clayton Forrester, and the year before that I was Reed Richards. This year, I'm thinking of going as the Tenth Doctor. Time to hit the thrift store!

5. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Don't do Halloween here, but sometime later today I'll post my Spock costume for an upcoming convention I'm heading too.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

tsq, you look very pretty in the Dangermouse costume. Please continue to use it. :techman:

7. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Been a while since we did a Halloween Party. From a few years go:

[​IMG]

And Mrs.Q2 & I

[​IMG]

Suppose to be going to a party this year. I hear that a buch of us will be dressing like KISS. Should be funny as hell. We'll see.

Q2UnME

8. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm going to be Medusa. :evil: I have a "Greek" gown and a hat covered in snakes. The snakes are actually cute, like little Beanie Baby snakes.

I expect a lot of stoney stares. *rimshot*

9. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^My little sister did a truly stunning Medusa costume a couple of years ago, for which she sewed an amazing rubber snake wig.

10. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I got all my costume and accessories from on-line stores this year. I'm excited!

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The last time I went out trick or treating (1979), my sister made me a very nice Superman costume, which I wore - with a ski mask, because it was brutally cold and windy that night. Fortunately nobody told me, to my face anyway, how silly I looked. :alienblush: :lol:

12. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Not sure if I'll go to a Halloween costume party this year (we usually throw some kind of party, but not always in costume).

When we do, I usually make up a costume with what I have at home and little else: as far as I recall, I did the rotten pirate, the dead cowboy, the demonic biker, the Highlands ghost, the Wolfram&Hart lawyer, and my favourite so far, the LHC scientist.

13. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I need ideas. We want to do a group thing, but no one can decide on anything. I was pushing for a Monkey Island theme, but we couldn't get our 'Voodoo Lady' to do it.

Roommate and I may go as the Mario Bros.

14. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Just hope your princess is not in another castle.

15. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't wear a costume last year... but usually my husband and I wear costumes that we made a few years ago.

Last time we wore them, I was pregnant. I barely sqeezed into the dress. LOL (As you can see in the photo)

[​IMG]

Yes, my husband made his own chainmail. And yes, that is a real sword at his hip. This is his kind of geek.

Someday I want to make Vulcan robes. ;)

Dunno if I'm going to dress up this year or not. With six kiddos, it's more about them than us on Halloween.

16. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

We were just down at Walt Disney World and went to the Mickey Mouse Not so Scary Halloween bash.

[​IMG]
    My son Ian as an Ewok
    [​IMG]
    My son Aaron as Yoda
    [​IMG]
    The whole family, I'm the opening titles and my wife, whose name is Leah is Princess Leia and of course the two boys.

17. star

^^I love it! A Star Wars family! :D

18. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

His kind of geek is way more patient than I could ever dream of being. I'd get through about 6 square inches of that chain mail and give up. Well done for him.

19. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

This is me with my boy Louis as Tintin and Snowy two years ago.

[​IMG]

20. star

Seriously. He was a man obsessed for a month or two. When he wasn't eating, sleeping or working, he was creating chainmail. He even stayed up late most nights doing it too. I was kinda glad when he finally finished. I got my husband back. :lol:

I made the rest of our costumes. Though we'll probably keep tweaking until they are nearly authentic. LOL