Fri, 8pm Join the Resistance - Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by SummerDream, May 13, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize you had a direct line to the front office at Fox. Cool! :cool:

I certainly hope that the show comes back. Given that I'm more or less done with Trek, Terminator is the only current sci-fi that I'm interested in watching on either the small or big screen. :techman:

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

if it means punching a Seth MacFarlane loving, Futurama canceling, 24 torture scene masturbating to, mentaly incompitent Fox exec in the ballbag, i'll be there

3. SummerDream

SummerDream Lieutenant Red Shirt

Personally I will probably watch also SGU but have to add that in both SG and SGA there were too many episodes running around in the Canadian forests which did not seem that scifilike to me. Hopefully they do not use the same locations too many times in SGU.
    Have considered Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles the best series on tv as long as it has been there. ..Last show I really liked was McGyver. Almost did not watch TSCC at all since there was the Terminator brand name but turned out the series was not all shooting and scary robots.
    Josh Friedman's talent is unsurpassed in current television. As is Summer's beauty and acting capability. After I watched the series for 2nd time I became a fan.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No, but I have common sense!

It's on Fox. It's a sci-fi show. It's a sci-fi show on Fox. It also is watched by about 34 people. It's on Fox. Also everyone with the show has come out and said that the show is dead.

5. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Tbh, they should just cancel this show. I find it worse than Terminator 3.

6. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Oh well, that should settle it.

7. SummerDream

"Everyone with the show" - and who exactly - links, please.
    It is only a false rumor since it would be really bad for Fox's goodwill with the other companies to cancel just before the movie. It is not Fox's own show, they bought it. So they cannot just say on Monday that they cancelled it as that would mean less money for the movie. So everyone to the wiki site tomorrow at 8pm eastern time to show support (hoping that it will continue on Fox as going to SciFi channel or whatever SyFy it was, would cut the budget - had it already gone there, they would probably have announced it already as the biggest win for the channel since its birth.)

8. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you for your expert testimony. :rolleyes:

9. SummerDream

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  10. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

11. SummerDream

Lots of fans worried about his smoking habit in the comments.:techman:
    Three hours left to wait for the wiki worldwide mapmeet.

12. payndz201

payndz201 Commodore Commodore

Have to admit, the fact that I've become very invested in T:SCC (even with the tedious 'Sarah triptych' arc) has actually made me less interested in Terminator: Salvation, since the two timelines were already apparently unrelated, and the final episode of T:SCC season 2 ripped them apart entirely. I'm more interested in finding out what happens with teen John/Cameron/alt-Derek/Alison/Weaver/John Henry than SHOUTY INTENSE adult John.

13. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dont find myself interested in the new terminator movie at all. I want the show back.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny cause it affects me 180degrees opposite.
    I keep expecting TV John to be "saved by the bell" and end up at the Peach Pit fighting over Donna and Kelly.

Give me badass military intense John that I'm being shown in Salvation.

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Commander Red Shirt

I'm there now.

Count is just under 200.

Where is everyone?

16. SummerDream

Alas, it seems it was not nerds who put the map there. So it only counted those who were there exactly at the time. Meaning if you was there for 10 seconds and then went elsewhere, you only showed in the stat for 10 seconds. They probably should have asked for others' advice before doing that. Am sorry to have put the link here.
    Possibly they figure out how to ask for the real statistics from the site. The map did not show me at all, at least.

17. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

The counter peaked out at around 600, but it would be good to see how many unique user log-ons there were during the period.

18. SummerDream

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/page/Unite+for+The+Sarah+Connor+Chronicles

They have the statistics now. I guess they should have advertised more. Probably not many from outside the wiki came. I for example have been a fan of the series for some time now but only found the wiki last month after the rumors of the show being possibly cancelled started to come. I do hope they were advertising only or rumors started by competing series' people and today they announce the show will come back.

Even with telling in forums like imdb and tv.com forums (I dont know which are the big forums, but imdb registration seemed too hard for me, did not bother with using a phone, as that would have meant I would have had to lift my behind from the table and fetch the phone and tv.com did not send the link to register when I tried those two, then gave up so only told here about it, yet here the fans probably knew already) there might have been a couple hundred more and even more by telling computer-specific sites (as there are lots of nerds usually in those.)

http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/page/Unite+for+The+Sarah+Connor+Chronicles
    In attendance--Fans from every populated continent on the globe, filling more than 10 chatRooms in the biggest fan chat ever!
    THANK YOU FANS FOR JOINING IN THIS WORLDWIDE EVENT!
    EVENT FACTS:
    MAXIMUM CONCURRENT ONLINE ATTENDANCE: 611
    UNIQUE VISITORS, DAY OF EVENT: 3,456
    GUESTBOOK SIGNATURES: 180 within first 15 minutes

19. Kermett

Kermett Ensign Red Shirt

I just netflixed the season 1:disc 1 of the series and I am extremely impressed by the quality and special effects.

After watching terminator 4, they should have no problems to start introducing the original T-1,000.

I can't understand why the series is even being considered to be cancelled when T4 is a success.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ It's not being considered for cancellation, it is cancelled.