AVENGERS: Grade, Reviews, Discuss, DVD & Sequel **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Apr 20, 2012.

?

How do you grade The Avengers?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2012.
  1. A+

46.4%
  2. A

31.8%
  3. A-

9.3%
  4. B+

5.3%
  5. B

3.4%
  6. B-

1.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.2%
  9. C-

0.3%
  10. D+

0.3%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.3%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Rifftrax dares to make fun of "good" movies? They dare to seek profit on their time and work by charging $4? I'll admit the sample(s) of the Avengers Riff aren't great but the samples are rarely indicative of the best jokes, unlike trailers to movies they don't spoil the best in the previews. The whole thing is hardly their best work either but there is some good, humorous, stuff in it. It's just fun to watch movies with these guys. (Though the VODs are much, much funnier (also tend to be much more expensive.)

The Avengers Riff is a decent one, though. But hardly as hard -hitting as their Riffs on, say, the Twilight movies. It is "hard" to riff on a good movie.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Here are a pair of featurettes from ILM explaining hown they created the Hulk and the Hulks importance to the film.

Interesting stuff. I could watch this kind of stuff for hours.

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Question for the room, particularly those with military backgrounds from any and all nations represented here:

I found this screencap tonight of Fury taking his shot against the first plane sent out to NYC from "Helicarrier 64"...

http://screencapped.net/movie/avengers/displayimage.php?album=22&pid=47336#top_display_media

Note what looks like a collection of service decorations in the upper left corner of the picture, just below the US flag decal. Wondering if anyone recognizes those decorations from anywhere in particular?

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

5. DEWLine

Confirmed, with thanks!

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I'm lazy, what does it say?

7. DEWLine

Actually, only the first and fourth seem to correspond to International Maritime Signal Flags: E and L, respectively. At least, that's what I can make out so far.

As to the rest of it...?

8. Zaku

Zaku Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, I know. Avengers is a so horrible movie because it don't respect the 180 rule. :guffaw:.

Sorry for the necro, but I believe this is the silliest complain you can do to the movie.

From a pure photographic point of view, I believe Avengers is near flawless.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Double brains?

Come on, let the thread rest now.

10. Zaku

Zaku Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sorry, I could not resist especially because the scene respects the rule. Evidently the original poster had an axe to grind and he found only a criticism so immaterial...