Is the Playstation 4 About to be announced??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AlphaMan, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cheaper to manufacture, better battery life, HDMI out, etc. True, the real problem with the system is the software, but a hardware revision would be a good way to relaunch the system.

2. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... and all of that puts negative price pressure on the games themselves. So if the retail price of the game goes down, more people can afford to buy it new. The more people buy new, the HD twins and software developers can collect their fees.

I don't expect either Microsoft or Sony to have the guts to do this, but I do see a way in which this could work. The $60 price point would have to go though.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  3. AlphaMan

It's funny you mention that. I just saw some Sony patent for a Vita with an HDMI and USB out port on the internet somewhere.

But there is some port next to the game cartridge that I have no idea of what it is at this point.

4. AlphaMan

Have you all seen te picture of the PS4 controller prototype on the Internet lately? I have a screen cap I want to post, but I seems that that feature was disabled on TrekBBS. :(

5. AlphaMan

WSJ.com is reporting that PS4 will play PS3 games via an internet streaming service!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/02/16/report-playstation-4-will-stream-games

Report: PlayStation 4 Will Stream Games
    “The new technology… will allow users to play games delivered over the Internet…”
    February 15, 2013
    by Colin Moriarty
    Not surprisingly, the PlayStation 4 rumors have been flowing as of late. With the expected reveal of the console coming this Wednesday, February 20 in New York City, it only makes sense that little bits of information would begin to emerge about what we’ll be seeing.
    The newest rumor is in regard to the next PlayStation’s ability to stream games. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that “Sony Corp. is planning to offer technology to stream games to its next videogame console,” according to its own sources.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
  6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure I'm ready for this brave new world.

7. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Just rehost it...

[​IMG]

The basic design is still the same, but it's been working since the PS1, so why change it too much...

8. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Is that the sensor from the PS move on top of that controller i wonder.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It is. Also a built in speaker and headphone socket.

10. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Built in speaker, like the wii controllers........intresting.

And i headphone socket you say, for comms i take it and not game sound....although can you imagine a controller that allowed you to plug your headphones in and get game and chat through it, like my turtle beach headset....thats would be cool.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Why change it? Because adding a touch screen to a 20 year old controller is just silly.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The way that I play video games, I have a feeling all those additions to the controller will be ultimately pointless. It just looks bulky.

13. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Mind you that is a prototype. Remember the boomerang controller for the PS3?

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, that was pretty bad. One of the reasons I stick with Playstation is because of the controller. I can't stand the XBOX controller. Playstation is the one controller that actually feels comfortable in my hands.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I actually prefer the Xbox 360 controller over the PS3 controller.

Though nothing can be as bad as that monstrosity that was the first controller for the original Xbox. :eek:

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I liked the original Xbox controller, they needed to sort out the white and black buttons out but I did like it. The 360 controller is better and I prefer it over Playstation controller.

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the 360 controller for precision in FPS games and driving games but I like the PS3 controller for 3rd person action games and the like that favor quick actions.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Probably why I prefer it. These are the only games I play.

19. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Dualshock is great, but I hate the location of the analog stick. It should swap places with the D-pad.

I love the Xbox controller with the exception of the awful D-pad. D-pads might not be used quite as much nowadays, but as a retro gamer at heart I just can't get behind a controller that screws over the D-pad.

The Wiimote --- uh, no. Just no.

The best controller ever is the Genesis 6-button controller. That thing was perfect.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

That PS4 pad looks horrible...

* D Pad looks so dug in if you get my meaning

* Why would I need speakers in it, I have a TV and I presume any headaset will give me the voice comms

* They got rid of trigger style R2/L2 button? they felt nice for shooters.

* What could such a small screen possibly be useful for?

and I need a giant blue light on all the time :rolleyes: