Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Oh yeah... that. Definitely can understand the disagreements over it, even if I personally didn't have a problem with it. The most common complaint seems to be it was so anti-climactic, and truth be told given the acceleration of the storyline it wasn't the most smoothly executed of resolutions. Still, as unconventional as it seemed I liked the idea of a major story being resolved in some way other than that requisite gargantuan space battle that Holywood feels must be included.

2. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

I agree. I think that having two huge battles would have ended up diluting the impact of both.

Jan

3. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

:guffaw:

Hour 72: Neroon is still a dick. Check. :thumbsup:

4. PKTrekGirl

You DO realize you are posting this in the DS9 forum, right?

HOME of the Kick-Ass Good Big Honkin' Space Battles??? :p :guffaw:

5. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

So far, I'm liking season 2 a lot lot lot more than season 1. Seems more fast paced, better music, general direction etc.

6. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

:lol:

Seriously, I didn't care for Neroon the first couple of times he showed up (the character, not the poster).

But that last bit was alright, and, after readin' that Lurker's Guide thing, it was almost kinda cool.

*goes back to watchin' Babylon 5 'Rising Star' on DVD*

7. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Thanks for proving my point. :D

8. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, I really liked 'Rising Star'. That would have been a really nice season, if not series, finale.

Watchin' 'The Deconstruction of Falling Stars' now, and damn, this is weak.

After this, I'll be movin' back to Babylon 5: The Movie Collection.

9. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

I love DoFS but then I generally love the off-format episodes the best. Which sequences did you like/dislike the most, od0_ital?

Jan

10. Season 3 imo is the best of all. Its pretty much quality all the way through, with maybe 1 or 2 lame ones.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Just make sure you don't watch River of Souls or Call to Arms before season five is done. Or, for that matter, Legend of the Rangers (if you give it a shot). RoS takes place the year after the majority of season five, in 2263, and Call to Arms takes place even latter, in late 2266, IIRC. Legend of the Rangers is somewhere in between. Thirdspace takes place during season four, and In the Beginning has a framing sequence that won't spoil anything, and the rest of it is a prequel that won't spoil anything for you after finishing season four.

And let us know how you feel about season five. Personally, I think it would have been best to do the Rising Star/Sleeping in Light finale as was originally forced. There are plenty of bits in season five that I like, but as a whole, its the weakest season in my view.

Crusade, on the other hand, can be a lot of fun.

12. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

In 'The Deconstruction of Falling Stars', the only good sequence was when old Delenn showed up & kicked ass.

I've written up most of my thoughts at my LiveJournal -

http://od0-ital.livejournal.com/233640.html

- and I'm watchin' Babylon 5: In the Beginning now.

13. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    Not to sound like a broken record, but don't watch River of Souls or Call to Arms before season five. It just wouldn't make sense.

14. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Yeah, I caught that, and I checked the list that OmahaStar sent me before I cracked any of the sets open.

Don't worry.

:lol:

15. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

*Phew*

I was going to have a panic attack... fanboy style. :p :lol:

16. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, I've watched Babylon 5: In the Beginning...and to me, it suffers from the same thing most prequels suffer from, and that's makin' the universe so small.

G'Kar, Franklin & Sheridan knew each other before all three wound up on B5.

Delenn saw Sheridan before he was ever on B5, even though Sinclair thought he was the first human the Minbari ever met.

If the Minbari wanted to know more about humanity, why weren't Sheridan & Franklin kept as prisoners?

Mollari is the reason why G'Kar, Sheridan & Franklin wound up gettin' caught by the Minbari in the first place, what the hell?

Guess its a good thing they didn't hold the triluminary up against Franklin or Sheridan, if they couldn't make it glow, Sinclair would have been screwed later.

And, if that weren't enough, Mollari tells the story of all this the day he dies. So, where was G'Kar while Mollari told his story? Its already shown he was there, in the throne room an hour later.

I've got Babylon 5: Thirdspace playin' now, and since it doesn't have G'Kar or Garibaldi, I don't have too much interest. Ivanova is there, but her hair is all funked up.

- edit, to add -

Alright, I've watched both In the Beginning & Thirdspace -

http://od0-ital.livejournal.com/234160.html

- so, tomorrow, the fifth season!

17. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

^ just curious, how exactly do you manage to pack so much B5 into so little time?

18. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Edited by PKTrekGirl:

Red alert! Spoilers for War Without End follow!!

Original post:
    I wonder if the triluminary would have registered against Franklin or Sheridan, or if it only registered on Sinclair because (Spoiler tag inserted by PKTrekGirl)
    he was the reincarnation of Valen.

19. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I don't have much else goin' on lately.

20. PKTrekGirl

^ Unicron - I love ya to bits...but watch the spoilers - especially ones about super-cool plot points like that. ;) I know we have at least one current poster in this thread who isn't there yet.

Sorry...but I edited your post. ;)