Confession: Why I am now 7/R

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by teacake, Apr 1, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My people.. any of you who have read my posts over the years have known that I was always a devoutly J/7 shipper. Ever since I read a compelling post by Adm_Hawthorne on this ship I've been J/7 all the way, with some C/7 for the sake of laughing at C. But the other day I was watching Nemesis which is my 4th favorite Trek movie right after Insurrection and it hit me..just as obviously 7 doesn't need a mushy newage guy she also doesn't need a maternal captain who will always be helicopter parenting her crew (plural). 7 has spent almost her whole life trapped inside big green boxes being totally unspecial to no one and if she is ever going to discover her individuality she needs to be pampered and respected and adored. And when I saw the way Riker looked at Deanna as though she was a precious piece of chocolate, something to be treasured and not left in the sun too long a light went off in my head and I thought WHY have I been trying to hook 7 up with Harry's daycare provider when what she needs is a good bloke to worship her, a good bloke who is reasonably intelligent, respected and will always be in awe of her fabulousness.

Deanna is an annoying numty that will drive Will batty. He is a good bloke and good blokes like to just DO stuff, they don't like to be constantly talking about how they FEEL about doing stuff. 7 wouldn't give a crap about how Will feels about anything and she certainly isn't going to be trailing along behind him calling him out on every grumbled half heard phrase he utters and trying to catharticize him into some est-like state of eternal pleasantness. Otherwise known as hell.

And Will, he's not stupid. He's going to realize how great 7 is for his career (it makes him famous, instantly) and how great 7 will be in bed once he wakes up all her billions of assimilated sexual experiences and how great 7 will be as a hard working brilliant woman who never begs him to take her dancing or buy her chocolate or to talk about his day. And she comes with NO mother in law!

It's perfect and that is why I am now 7/R. I'll be going over to the TNG forum and sharing my revelation once I've finished my photoshop threadbomb montage.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Oh thank goodness, I thought the R meant Captain Ransom.

3. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It all sounds good to me. Keep us posted!

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unacceptable!

Not because he's a monkey, which does enter into my disqualification of your hypothesis somewhat, but because marriage is sacred. I don't care how many people of how many genders get together, but once they make a commitment to be faithful, GOD should fricking smite the bastard who goes back on his or her word.

So maybe after Dee falls down an turboliftshaft, but what about Thomas Riker, the Transporter Clone, if the Cardassians didn't kill him after he was sentenced to life imprisonment in a labour camp?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  5. Melakon

Well, to honor Deana's memory, Will and Seven could have a traditional Betazoid wedding. With lots of pix of the bride. Please.

6. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Well... I was hoping for something a little further afield than TNG... like maybe Captain Tightpants himself, Malcom Reynolds.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But is Seven willing to put up with Riker's ever expanding gut? I mean that's the only reason he settled down with Troi ya know! He couldn't grab the alien chicks of the week anymore because of it!

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

She will adapt.

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Perfection. :lol:

10. R. Star

She will adapt her Borg foot to Riker's arse if he doesn't get himself to the gym maybe. ;)

Though really... teacake, how can you miss the obvious?

Riker's douchebaggery.... Janeways evil insanity... they're a match made in hea-- hell!!

11. teacake

Hmm.. 7 does have that same glacial superiority that so enchants him with Inara..

12. Guy Gardener

Well, aren't relationships supposed to be about complimenting imperfections?

If Seven doesn't have any chinks or quirks to put forward, then she shouldn't medically belong with anyone.

13. teacake

Complimenting or complementing?

14. Guy Gardener

It took me a minute to work out if I knew that.

It's one of those things stupid people could go through out their entire life misunderstanding.

15. Melakon

He: I love how that wart on nose your makes your face look.
    She: And I adore how you never take out the trash.

16. JanewayRulz!

Actually... the way she loves to listen to Jazz (end of Macrocosm) and the way he loves to play Jazz, that probably WOULD be a good match! :bolian:

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone needs to write the historic, first-time meeting of Seven of Nine and Will's dad, Kyle. They both wear one-piece suits! They can swap tips on disguising unwanted bulges and creases. And maybe Kyle can get Seven a pair of big foamy shoulder pads for her catsuit!

A deep love and trust will, of course, quickly follow. Kyle must then battle Will for Seven's heart. In a game of Parrises Squares!

18. R. Star

Well I'm sure there are stranger fanfics out there...

19. JanewayRulz!

^^ The Janeway/Prehensile Plant fanfic comes immediately to mind!

20. teacake

God I loved those people.