Blu Ray Disk Idea- Babel One/United/The Aenar

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by IronMaiden, Jan 24, 2015.

1. IronMaiden

IronMaiden Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello
    I got a idea for a blu ray just like they did with TNG.
    it would be cool to join Babel One, United and The Aenar into a blu ray disk, and it will just be like a movie.
    I've joined 3 parts before, and it is cool to watch it without changing episodes, only problem is when the
    episode name and credits come up in the next episode, you can cut out the intro and the credits.
    but you will always have the episode name came up.

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I should think the opening scenes exist minus guest cast/writer/producer credits at the bottom of the screen, in case a combined TV movie edit is ever required. For 2 and 3 parters, if not in general. Or rather they probably did, back in SD days when the programmes were delivered to TV stations on Digibeta.

I always thought it was a shame there was never a Vulcan/Romulan set, back when Fan Collective DVDs were being released. Think how the Kir'shara trilogy could've rubbed shoulders with Amok Time and Journey to Babel. The Enemy and The Defector with Balance of Terror. But the boat's long since sailed...

3. IronMaiden

I just delete the intro and the end credits for 2 episodes and then leave the intro for the first episode and then the end credits for the last episode, I made a movie that goes for 2 hours and it is that DS9 episode with The Circle and joined the 3 parts
    and it almost like a movie, but when the first episode ends
    and then you have to cut out the credits and intro so it looks like a long movie but then after the intro then you have the cast names come up, but it would be cool to see a 3 part joined into a blu ray release like they did with TNG as I don't think TNG got a 3 part episode

4. ChristopherPike

I doubt it'd happen. ENT simply isn't popular enough. But I like the idea. That 3-parter's about as close to the Romulan War onscreen as we're ever likely to get.

With the 50th Anniversary in a couple years, perhaps a selection of the best feature-lengths brought together? The Menagerie from TOS fits the bill. The TNG TV Movies they skipped. Something from DS9, VOY and ENT as you say.

5. IronMaiden

If they do DS9, then they should be able to do a joined up
    here is a list of episode that have 3 parts and it will be like a movie.
    The Homecoming/The Circle and The Siege
    The Jem'Hadar/The Search part 1 and The Search part 2
    Tears of the Prophets/Image in the Sand and Shadows and Symbols
    That is 3 DS9 Movies :D
    I hope they will release some joined up part epsoides if they do DS9.

6. Darren Mooney

Darren Mooney Lieutenant Red Shirt

Personally, I'd love to see more standalone blu ray releases with special VAM like commentaries. Classic Doctor Who managed a commentary for every release, occasionally two! It is a shame not to have Ronald D. Moore commentating on something like Family, or Brannon Braga on something like Sub Rosa.

It feels like the post-TOS shows are nowhere near as documented or researched as TOS, and so it would be fun to see more in-depth focus pieces like those standalone TNG releases. But then, everybody seems to treat them as rip-offs. It's a shame, because it feels like so much of the franchise's history could be lost.

Never gonna happen, but I can dream.

7. ChristopherPike

There's a lot of talk about the death of physical media... DVD & Blu ray. I honestly don't know how much of that really is the case, or some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy on Hollywood's behalf.

Sales of TNG Remastered are reputed to be less than expected. But I supported them, and still buy more actual discs of film and TV, than I watch online. Perhaps I'm slipping into the minority. I don't know. I doubt it's overtaken disc sales. Maybe the strategy about how to release them was wrong. 26 episode season sets came pricey sure enough. Although I usually managed to pre-order and catch a discount somehow.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  8. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would be great if discs had an option to view multi-parters without interruption, but I've never heard of that being done, even with more popular series.

It could also be done with cross-season cliffhanger episodes, where appropriate.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Not sure that 45 minutes of Braga saying "I'm sorry" would be all that enlightening. :lol:

10. Darren Mooney

Darren Mooney Lieutenant Red Shirt

It's obviously a terrible episode, but it is spectacularly terrible. It isn't just an episode that sucks because everybody was exhausted, I suspect. It was the result of a bunch of decisions that the production staff thought sounded good on paper.

I think it would be fascinating to hear an account of how the show got to the point where "Beverly &@#!s a candle" was considered a runner. I think it would be fun to hear that train of thought articulated as an example of "this is how terrible television gets made."

(I think that stories about how spectacularly bad television makes it to air can be as fascination as stories about how good television makes it to air. I'd love a Berman/Braga commentary on These Are the Voyages for the same reason. How or why they thought it would work, and when they realised it wouldn't. How they'd change it, if they would.)