Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Amy Adams was more recently in Julie and Julia which is a chick flick, but I watched it. I actually liked it and the way she looked in that movie, I immediately thought Lous Lane. Also, maybe it's just me, but I've always assumed Lois was older than Clark since she was well established at the Planet by the time he showed up.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lois has been depicted as being older than Clark in recent versions but I don't think that has always been the case. I think they've been the same age or close to each other's age. I believe they were relatively the same age in "Lois and Clark".

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Who the fuck is Erin Karpluk?

4. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A back up story that happened to be written by David Goyer who also is writing the script for the movie.

5. Admiral_Young

You know what...good point, I'd actually forgotten who had written the story. Goyer is actually co-writing the script. He came up with the film treatment and story though according to some early interviews Nolan gave last April.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Truth, Justice, and the Chevrolet!

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's surprising that you would call someone who is neither old nor a hag "an old hag."

That shouldn't be too complex to grasp.

Guess we're waiting on those personal photos.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Amy Adams, born Aug. 20, 1974.

Alana De La Garza, born June 18, 1976.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

This could be posted in any of these stupid Babe of the Week threads.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

And should be.

11. Admiral_Young

This thread has got way off track thanks to the Amy Adams is an Old Hag comment. This is the problem i have with these ongoing film discussion threads, there is a tendency to go off topic too many times when there is nothing to discuss (even when we're talking about an actress from the movie).

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Since she is in the movie I don't think it's going off topic to talk about her attractiveness - just off the rails to suggest that she's not hot. ;)

13. Admiral_Young

^ That's what I meant :)

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

But is she objectively hot? ;)

15. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

I don't know how this film is going to be as good as the 1978 Richard Donner version, let alone his version of(as well as the cinematic edition of)1980's Superman II.

Granted, the story of Superman is a generational thing(i.e. Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age*), but surely the staff at Warner Bros could have picked some better actors for this reboot of the franchise.

All I can say is this. They should replace Kevin Costner with another actor to play Jonathan Kent. Let alone find an American actor to play The Man Of Steel.

No offense to Henry Cavill(or whatever his name is), but having a British actor play the Son of Jor-El doesn't seem like the right fit.

The same could be said for this American actor playing General Zod.

*The Bronze Age is the Christopher Reeve era of the late '70's and early '80's.

16. Admiral_Young

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Can you explain on why? What does nationality have to do with the roles? And whats wrong with Costner?

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Nationality?!?! Really!?! That's the gripe you have with the actor chosen to play an alien?

19. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. Of all the casting decisions in this movie, how can anyone find fault with the star of "Field of Dreams" playing Pa Kent?

20. Admiral_Young

I love how Expo67 starts out his post by saying "I don't know if this is going to be as good as the 1978 Richard Donner Superman version..." of course you don't know. "Man of Steel" hasn't come out yet!!! We all don't know if it's going to be good or not. As for being critical of the cast because of nationality...I don't get that reasoning at all. I could understand not liking an actor or actress because you don't like their work but because of nationality? Kevin Costner is perfect as Jonathon Kent. He's played father figures before to great noteworthy of course in "Field of Dreams" I'm sure that film was on Snyder's mind when casting him.