50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Sep 10, 2013.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

You're right; I need to make sure I show the proper respect going forward. :guffaw:

2. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

God you have to go through pausing constantly. The fob watch is there. Clockwork dummy mask. D84 from "Robots of Death". Rose. I wonder if Amy's there somewhere and I just haven't spotted her yet.

3. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Haven't seen Rose yet. Or the Second Doctor. I'll watch it until I see them.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

You hear Rose.

The second Doctor is by himself at the end of a hallway playing his recorder, right before the camera pans upward to the fourth Doctor falling.

5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Now I might be mistaken, but she's also towards the end next to the angel on the left.

edit: she's actually in front of the Odd as the camera pans up from five towards ten.

Also, any ideas on who that second voice is? McGann, Grant or someone else completely different.

6. sttngfan1701d

Rose is standing in front on the Ood with her back to us. Thanks for pointing out the Second Doctor. Who's the first guy we see in the trailer though? Random constable from Hartnell's era or something?

7. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Didn't he tweet recently about doing voice over work matching Matt Smith's delivery?

8. sttngfan1701d

^ After Matt says "900 years," you can hear an echo of someone else saying "years." Can't tell who it is. Tom Baker?

On second thought, it sounds like the Great Intelligence. Dimesdan is right. Probably Richard E. Grant.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Re McGann: But does this mean he is VO-ing the trailer or are people just assuming that he's done so because of the tweet?

10. Allyn Gibson

I'm not sure if it's McGann or if it's simply a double-tracking of Smith's voice.

There are two points where I think I hear something McGann-esque ("all my lives," "nine hundred years"), but it could be simply a result of Smith using a very different inflection on his voice.

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The "all my lives" bit is Davison

12. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Maybe they're using scraps of dialogue from all the past Doctors, interweaving them through Smith's lines.

13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Cool trailer with lots of tidbits throughout the entirety of the series. Yet, despite complaints of McGann being "hidden" behind the Ood, I haven't actually spotted McCoy after several viewings of the trailer.

Nevermind: Finally spotted his umbrella.

14. sttngfan1701d

More than the umbrella. It's him falling over or something, in front of the Weeping Angel.

Who's the guy in the very beginning of the trailer. The first guy we see, in the constable hat?

15. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Probably the policeman who appears in the show's very first scene, looking around Totter's Lane with his torch. Technically he's the very first character to appear on the show.

16. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Took me 4 watches to spot everyone, pretty nice trailer though. Apart from the colourised Hartnell that looked awfull.

Sarah Jane and three fencing with the Master are my favourite bits.

17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Are we sure that's not the David Bradley "first Doctor"?

18. Allyn Gibson

It's definitely Hartnell's face and not Bradley's. From behind, I thought it looked more like Richard Hurndall. The reality is, the body is probably neither one and the face was digitally inserted.

19. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

It's a CG first Doctor...

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Key to Time appears around 00:11. I don't know what the orange thing next to it is though.