Nu T-Pring

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by serenitytrek1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I was just wondering about the Vulcan female, shouldn’t she and Spock be betrothed to one another and if they were do you think Spock ended the engagement before he started a relationship with uhura. I know the JJ Verse is an alternate reality but surely the Vulcan marriage tradition couldn’t have changed in this new timeline.

I hope she was one of the 10000 Vulcans that survived.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope she survived too. Great character, we need her in the gene pool.

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's possible Spock is still betrothed to her, provided she's still alive. However, since originally Spock didn't go into ponn farr and return home to marry her until 2267, there's no reason to expect this to happen before then in this timeline either.

It's possible Spock wouldn't break things off with T'Pring before seeing Uhura. As he got to know Uhura and things developed between them, I doubt he considered the person he ahdn't seen since childhood. And since T'Pring could very likely already be devoloping a relationship with Stonn anyway...

4. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

I had at first hoped she wasn't alive, because I didn't like her at all. But she was a good character and adds another dimension to Spock as well as providing what we know about Vulcan relationships.

Now I hope she makes an appearance in the next film. It would be interesting to see how Spock's ponn farr plays out with the added development of Spock having a love interest on the side as well as T'Pring's love interest Stonn. I wonder how common this is for Vulcans...

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vulcan soap operas: The Young and the Logical.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

If T'Pring and Stonn were on Vulcan, as they probably were, they are most likely dead.

Good riddance, too. I never liked either one of them. T'Pring especially.

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    :lol:

Maybe nuUhura and nuT'Pring should battle it out to win Spock!

(makes as much sense as anything in this dumb nuTrek garbage)

8. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I don't think Spock would start a relationship with Uhura before breaking things off with T'Pring officially, so I think that's what happened. If T'Pring survived and Spock sees her, then I hope it's a case of "I wish you well, and LLAP." I don't think that a battle would be necessary as there's no need for Uhura to fight for a heart that already belongs to her, at least in my opinion. It's not a soap opera.

9. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I loved her character...the scene in TOS (Amok Time) when she was explaining to the now Spock prime how Stonn was always going to be there for her was hilarious.

However I doubt that NU Spock will put up with her...Nu Spock doesn’t comes off as lovable or as sympathetic as TOS Spock

Nu Spock may as well tell her to piss off.

10. starburst

starburst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Shes likely dead, and even if she isnt if we take a leap and assume that Spock and Uhura have a physical relationship that may eliminates any "7 year urge" from being a problem.

11. teacake

God I hope we don't get any pon farr scenes. Amok Time was excellent, ever other use of the idea was embarrassing.

12. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It seems that this time Spock is T'Pring
    It would be funny if she doesn't have Stonn here and it's Spock the one who rejects her this time because he has Uhura. Talk about karma! Not that I dislike T'Pring, she has got a point for this reason it could be interesting if this time it's Spock the one seeing the flaws in the whole arranged thing.

Maybe he isn't betrothed to her at all or he ended it sooner.
    I never got the idea that the whole thing made it impossible for him to date other girls, anyway. It didn't seem like he cared about it that much. No wonder why, it's not like TOS Spock actually had a relationship with T'Pring. The whole betrothed thing seems to me more a backup plan for pon far (just in case they don't have a beloved one that can help them) than anything else.

13. teacake

On New Vulcan they will be matching them up by genetic compatibility to make sure every baby has the best genes it can get. There won't be any of this "Oh Stonn, you are so hot just stand here while I make these idiots brawl over me and then we can run away!"

And I also think there won't be any half breeds diluting the gene pool. I can't imagine it would be allowed.

14. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh! Good point! The leaders of "New Vulcan" may forbid Spock to "donate" genetic material since many of that species see him as "less" than Vulcan. And given their limited numbers at the moment, I suspect they will want only the "best" genes to be replicated.

Ironically, this might give Spock and Uhura's relationship a better chance to develop.

Sincerely,

Bill

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't there a line in the movie that said, or at least implied, that there are enough Vulcan survivors to provide a viable genetic base? There'd be no need for "eugenics" or anything like that.

16. teacake

Viable is one thing. If I were them I'd be aiming for an epic start and not just leaving it to randomness. It's the logical thing to do.

17. teacake

The REAL question is whether Sybok is still alive. He's more likely to have been off world than any of them. Boy they aren't going to be happy about including him in the gene pool. I bet he will get no visitation rights.

18. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

Good point! But if the story goes anything like the original, Sybok had been exiled, so he was already on his own in that department.

This does bring up the question of how exiled Vulcans will fit into the picture. In the series "Enterprise" they once encountered a ship of "Vulcans without logic", who went into self-exile in protest against their planet's basic philosophies. Who knows how many such groups are in existence. But now that Vulcans are down to a minimal population, will there be a plea for such Vulcans to return to the mainstream?

19. teacake

They will get a formal letter explaining that for the good of their race they must donate their genetic material but that also for the good of the race they are not welcome on New Vulcan. A lab technician will be calling soon to collect.

20. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Since TPTB prefer to ignore Star Trek V, Sybok never existed in any universe (along with that ridiculous "Vulcan princess" Sarek supposedly married).

Vulcans without logic = Romulans