SHERLOCK [BBC] - Series 3 - airing late 2013/ early 2014

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by 3chordboy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I felt the same way. They were still good but not as good as episodes 1 and 3 (in both seasons).

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Ditto. Any interaction between Moriarty and Holmes in this series has been fascinating to watch. The combnation of casting/writing/acting is about as good as it could possibly be.

At this point I have no idea how Holmes pulled off what he did in that last episode, and I am very anxious to see the next installment to find out how he did it.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

4. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

you would be correct.... only 20 seconds worth but I still did an 80s style air punch after watching it!! :D

http://youtu.be/aVUzOu76nKg

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Only one thing detracts from it, to be continued when?

6. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Cumberbatch has said this Fall! YAY!

7. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Outstanding. We have the real Holmes and Watson back. Can't wait. :techman:

8. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Two things, that and the slug balancing act Watson seems to be doing.

I do hope the Magnum PI look isn't a permanent feature.

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I thought the same thing. I'm hoping it's the typical "grew some facial hair to show the passing of time and will be shaved off as part of the return to status quo" that we see so often.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Series 3 will start in the U.S. on January 19, 2014. The UK premiere hasn't been announced yet but it's believed that it will air sometime before that.

Source

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be suprised if BBC will air them on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.

12. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Rumors have the debut as January 2nd (a Thursday) or January 5th (a Sunday).

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

BBC should have it air right after the Doctor Who christmas special ;) but of course they won't. I expect New Years Day air date.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That would be far too much awesome for anyone to handle. ;)

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That much awesomeness would probably do me in....but I'd be willing to risk it. ;)

16. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't wait. They are airing it tomorrow, right? Please tell me they are. ;)

I wonder what the resolution of the last finale will be. I got to see it a second time just now. Being convinced I had missed something I didn't give it much thought the first time.

I am much more confounded by how he planned it, not by how he did it – the latter should be easy, John was misdirected to see things not quite how they happened, the street directly beneath Sherlock was empty of people so he could have pulled out any number of Magician's moves to let everyone see something different than what really happened. A poetic revenge for Moriarty's trickery.

I guess he used Moriarty's body, and Molly's going to identify it as his, that's pretty much a given I think.

But I really can't get my head around the planning and knowing what to plan for, and what part of what went on the roof was a performance, or what caught him by surprise and had him improvising. I hope that the events actually made sense, and weren't put there merely for entertaining us. I don't think they fit.

He couldn't have had an inkling that Moriarty would kill himself, for example, but as I was watching, at one point I felt that it was Moriarty who was getting duped the entire time. And if that wasn't the case, Sherlock was planning for a very different ending to it all.

If he was planning for a different ending, having him improvise could have left evidence to have him discovered by some of Moriarty's accomplices in the next episode.

Also, the computer code. Sherlock knew about it, right? Cause the audience knew it was bull, and Sherlock couldn't have been so stupid to think it was possible, right?

17. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

+1, I laughed so hard at that scene