Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

OK, both of you can knock it the hell off. Not in the mood.

2. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Keyboard Kommando wants his free fourth act or else,, Shiite.

3. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Thanks for the clarification.

And thank you for being willing to put the time in to get this thing out the door.

4. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Again, enough with the personal crap. Next person stupid enough to try me on a day when I have a headache will pay the price.

5. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

OK then.... I will start the positive forum .... Let see a an advance in the prograss of chapt. 5 this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

If that's your charter, you'll probably succeed! :lol:

7. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

8. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

"Grimmer!"

9. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Thanks for the pic Maurice, it's good to know there's still progress going on. I always did like the Starship Exexter's uniforms, they look really good.

10. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Nice looking image.

11. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

12. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Love the set dressing in STARSHIP EXETER. Reminds me of the early TOS look, where the ship looked lived in with microtapes haphazardly strewn on the briefing room table. That's a detail I don't see much in fan films, where everything is neatly arraigned and the sets don't have much of a lived-in look.

13. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Man, it is such a shame they couldn't continue this fan series. The Tausarrian Intersction remains the best fan film outside "World Enough and Time." What they did was amazing.

14. dayxday1000

dayxday1000 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

15. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Great picture, thanks for the update. Thank you for your work.

16. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

I agree. The parts of "The Tressaurian Intersection" (hope I got the title right) that I've seen are excellent. If this series were produced on a regular basis, it would give just about any other fan films a serious run for their money. :bolian:

And that's the truth. :vulcan:

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was an amazing amount of fun.

For a good part of the time we were working on this, no other fan film making such extensive use of full sets and locations had been released. The producers had visited the partial bridge set at what would become New Voyages, but "Come What May" was shot while we were in preproduction and released while stuff was being built in Austin. And of course the first installment of Exeter, "The Savage Curtain," had been finished in 2003. So we were pretty much in uncharted territory for most of this time. Jimm and everyone else had TOS itself and otherwise pretty limited research/reference material to base everything on (he's a fan of the Franz Joseph publications of the 1970s and to some extent the FASA games).

18. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

That is why I wish they could get out the fourth Act. This has such huge potential. The teaser with teh primary hull of the Congo was AMAZING and the idea of them being in the rain was brilliant.

Doc John Muenchrath (McCoy from P2) and I met with Jim last year in Austin and I had talke dto him a few times about getting the sets. Ultimately Ajax got them and I am happy for that. But Jim was super nice and very generous.

It really is a shame that they couldn't keep going, but if Tausserian Intersection is your Magnus Opus, I say Bravo! I know it sets a standard we are shooting to match.

Alec

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jimm is a great guy, level-headed and low-key. You could always rely on his word.

The rain was serendipitous - though I doubt anyone thought so while they were standing in it - and Jimm added more visible rain in post. That landscape was great, though.

The Kongo reveal was what we called the "Planet Of The Apes" shot. We loved that a lot, too.

One thing we talked a lot about while cooking up the story was "what kind of stuff might they have shown on TOS that they didn't, and that we can without violating the spirit of the thing (Jimm and Josh not being big fans of much Trek after the original)." Having a ship jettison and crash the saucer came out of that.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  20. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I spoke to both Jimm and Josh on and off over the years, since before they released The Savage Empire. Both of them were always very gracious and very supportive. Indeed, Jimm even took the time to register on our forum and posted some very kind words about our first fanfilm.

The Savage Empire is still one of my favourites.