Natalie Portman in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Noddy, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can leave the Jedi with no repercussions?

I didn't think that the Council would execute fallen Jedi that gave their cherry for love but.. Just remind me, are Jedi not allowed to frakk, not allowed to fall in love or not allowed to marry, or all three?

In Judge Dredd, if you are a Judge who acquires a sexual partner, it's illegal and immoral and distracts you from your job, you're not even allowed to kiss others romantically, and the punishment is exile to Titan. Unfortunately the lunal colony of Titan is still not terraformed completely and it is still easier to surgically alter the residents by ripping their noses off and fiddling around about in there, then building domed cities or constantly making sure that everyone has a working rebreathing device at an ever mounting cost to the state.

Anikan could have just left the jedi and married Padme?

Nothing was standing between him and true love except pride?

If the Council weren't going to exile him or force neuter Anikan by expelling his midichlolirans, or even fine him financially every time he's seen using the force in public? There were absolutely no consequences to walking away from his responsibilities other than that he was so vain that he thought that the war would have been too hard to win without him?

Anikan might not have been a general any more, but he would have been a senators husband, which would have reinvented the war for him and how to win it... (Think about first ladies in the real world (in the real world a male first lady is called a first gentleman).).

Building the Empire must have been more important than corrupting Anikan and drawing him to the Darkside, unless it wasn't?

1 of 2 things are going to happen if Anikan retired from Jedi Life, 1, Palpatine offers Anikan a job as advisor or chief of security and continues to pervert him, or 2, Palpatine hits the pause button on the war and his Jedi solution until he can find a more suitable apprentice who isn't happily married and making babies.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guys guys guys. You're all forgetting the most important point here:

It's like a fundamental truth of the Jedi faith. :)

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I chose my words poorly when I said "in the name of the Jedi", I should have said in the name of good/justice. It seemed that he was going deep undercover, going to the Dark Side in order to defeat the Sith Lord, because the Jedi were too incompetent to save the day. That he used the Dark Side but it did NOT control him the way it does Anakin or Maul.

That would have been a much more interesting story... but then he got his head lopped off ten minutes into ROTS :lol:

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The thing about the dark side is, if you were to really try such a thing, you'd probably be corrupted. It's like the One Ring... you could try to use it with good intentions, but you would eventually fall. You would use it, but it would use you. The experienced Jedi know this. Their stance re: the dark side could be likened to the moral of WarGames: the only solution is not to play.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Jedi were Sideous' stooges. Their endgame was suicide by their Commander in chiefs design.

As Supreme Chancellor you would think that his religion would not be grounds for immediate execution with extreme prejudice... A lot of border line mentally ill Americans with IQs in the medium double digits think that their president is somehow a Muslim (as well as that Muslim automatically equals bad.), you know this is true. Nut jobs with nutjob beliefs.

Problem is, if the nutjob with the nutjob belief is the President or the Supreme Chancellor (Any one get faint thinking about Anna Chancellor?) can another bunch of nutjob whackos, voodoo priest commandos or survivalist supremacists, whatever, legally murder the legally instated absolute ruler of the nation or empire this murder is about to take place in/on without a terminal comeuppance?

I don't remember Harvey Lee Oswald crowd surfing off that bell tower to the throng of adoring fans who were finally so happy to be free of JFK's oppression and tyranny...

If Yoda had killed Palpatine at the climax of Revenge of the Sith, "But he was a Sith!" would not have cut it as the police ran him up a tree. Yoda would have gone to jail and then the Jedi would have been discredited, disenfranchised and eventually discontinued.

In death Palpatine would have become more powerful than than they could possibly imagine.

(If they crucified Yoda, would they have used a regular sized crucifix, or would then have built a special children's sized one for him, unless then already had crucifixes for children on hand?)

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
  7. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know about crucifixion, but I've long suspected that Yoda gets hung up on the wall at the Children's Television Workshop along with all the other Muppets every evening at 10pm after they've finished taping Sesame Street for the day.

And Hayden Christensen gets hung up there alongside him. Because George Lucas has finished with pulling his strings already.