Being Human (American Version) - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised he believed her.

I'm more inclined to believe that the strange is so good that he's willing to put up with her crazy.

Saw a a movie called Happy Accidents where the most beautiful woman in the world, Marisa Tomei, is so hard up to find a man who is not an inveterate asshole that when her current new boyfriend finally admits that he's from the future, that she doesn't think his being banapants crazy is a deal breaker, so she just rolls with it.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I thought this season was pretty good. It was a good sojourn from the status quo and it ended with lots of hooks.

- What happened to that kid and can his condition be reversed?

- Sally is gone to Hell or something. Not much interesting about that. How many bardo worlds has she been to now?

- Josh is a werewolf during the day. What's up with that? Also, he'll have to find another way to become normal again since his maker is dead. I'm surprised that he's not more upset with Aidan for killing the guy.

- And finally, Aidan's wife from centuries past seems to be back.

I hope it gets renewed. I heard that the ratings were low.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Was that who that was at the end? I didn't recognize her sans her Colonial Williamsburg garb.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

She could be his wife... or a descendant of Aidan's son, since they made a big point of him running.

So now that there's cliffhangers for all four of our leads, SyFy cancels the show?

5. Greg Cox

They didn't do that last year . . . or the year before . . . .

6. Guy Gardener

I spent most of the season thinking that Kat was his descendant and he'd figure it out exactly 10 seconds after he'd sthuptted her.

How those witch tests work... An innocent woman will go to heaven, and a witch will be unaffected... Which suddenly calls into question about how Aiden was "made" if his wife could see the future and manipulate the dead.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Great finale. I can't wait to see where things go.
    It was rather ironic because earlier yesterday I watched the last couple episodes of Season 1 for the first time. I got double the finale goodness in one day.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Oh, so that's Aiden's wife. I didn't realize that, either. Maybe she really was a witch.

I thought this was a great episode, and I'll be really disappointed if they don't renew it. I'm kind of worried, since the ratings have slipped so much.

Josh remaining a Werewolf during the day must have something to do with being turned by a pureblood (or is it purebred?). Or maybe he's the first Werewolf to be turned twice.

That was quite an exit for Sally. She's always going on bad trips.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many lives, many innocent, have been destroyed during the course of this show? It's kind of strange watching sometimes thinking the world would probably be better off without these characters.

Pretty good, wrapped up some loose ends, set up the next season. While the glam thing was a bit of a reset button in one sense I liked the involvement of Blake. Interesting having Deanna Russo in here, she comes off a lot differently than in Knight Rider.

This show does a better job so far of not seeming so convoluted in masking nudity than True Blood's funny poses when the human males transform back. :)

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I missed something--who was Aiden's wife in modern day? I saw she drowned back then, and his son, Isaac, ran off as instructed.

Poor Sally! She can't cut a break!

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

She's the one who got out of the taxi at the end. I've been reading other boards and it looks like a lot of people didn't recognize her.

And about Deanna Russo... It's funny, because when she first appeared on the show, I recognized her but couldn't place her even though I watched Knight Rider.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

13. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

That is good news. Being Human is one of the.few good genre shows on the air.

14. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Great finish.. Can't wait to see where this goes with the wife/decendant showing up in Boston...

I wonder, what with Nora's scream, if they will pick up right away or do a time jump... I'd like to see how Josh's new "condition" plays out from that point, rather than have it explained away...

15. Greg Cox

I think the producers overestimated our ability to recognize her out of context--and with a 21st century makeover.

The way the scene is staged, I suspect our jaws were supposed to drop, but instead many of us ended up scratching our heads instead.

"Huh? Who is that? Do we know her?"

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Count me as another one that missed that.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, the actress isn't distinctive enough and hasn't been around enough to be that recognizable out of context.

But I am psyched that the show is renewed. At this point, I had resigned myself to cancellation. :bolian:

18. Guy Gardener

I couldn't take my eyes off her on Endgame.

19. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Being Human must be doing exceptionally well for SyFy to not have cancelled it. That or they do not have much faith in Defiance (which I don't either) and want to keep on another genre show.

I mean besides Being Human and Warehouse 13 what original programming do they have left?

20. Guy Gardener

Claudia was on bones last week, and Pete was on Bones the week before that.

Is Myka on this week?