Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 17, 2009.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

10.2%
  2. Above Average

21.6%
  3. Average

28.4%
  4. Below Average

17.0%
  5. Poor

22.7%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

3. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

4. Agent Richard07

I don't know. I remember Jetfire exiting the Smithsonian through some hangar doors and stepping into a desert full of planes as if the museum was in the desert, and Sam and the others didn't question this. Maybe they did step through a wormhole, but it wasn't obvious when I saw it. Maybe I blinked and missed something.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

--Another good one is how when they exist the Smithsonian, they suddenly are in a desert area. -- Jetfire teleported them all to the Middle East. Hence the people magically popping out of thin air and crashing into the ground which injured Sam's hand. You can also see The Fallen teleporting once or twice in the ending battle.

6. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, but the teleporting doesn't happen immediately after they exit the Smithsonian hangar.

They exit the hangar in a large desert-like area with a lot of airplanes, talk for a while, Sam carves some symbols on the ground and then Jetfire teleports them.

7. Agent Richard07

^ Right. That's what didn't make sense at first.

I did some googling and it looks like they left the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. I had assumed that they were in downtown Washington D.C.

Looking at the area in Google Maps, I'll admit that a sea of planes probably could fit there, but it's a stretch. It would have to be some slightly different movie-land version of Chantilly, Virginia.

I'm a little more willing to let this one go.

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

tehy walk out of the Smithsonian in Washington into The Boneyard in Arizona.

re: #2, the bloke clearly wasn't paying attention, Sam uses the shard to revive Jetfire - as someone else said. he was holding it up using tongs to find Jetfire, while Simmons used his white thingy.

9. Agent Richard07

That's what I thought too, but they were at the Smithsonian in Virginia, which is near a small clearing and an airport.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Seven Days in... 228 million domestic... 449 million total! By tomorrow it should surpass Angels and Demons as the highest grossing movie of the year (A&D did great internationally just not here).

11. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't Sam lose the Allspark spec when it left his hand and attached itself to Jetfire?

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I just saw this movie. Not as headache-inducing, balls-to-the-wall, wall-to-wall senseless as I expected it to be or as Bad Boys II was, but still a merely average (and very loud) movie.

So most of the robots didn't even get their names mentioned. I thought silver sportscar was Wheeljack but I don't think he had any lines. And then when they're reviving Prime, who the heck was the blue Autobot that came out of nowhere?

I guess most of the Decepticons were redshirts. Who was the one who got cut in half at the beginning?

The Fallen was also a letdown.

13. captcalhoun

the silver Autobot sports car was Sideswipe, who was named.

the blue Autobot is Jolt. he's in the background of a couple of group shots in vehicle mode.

the Audi was Sideways.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

My initial complaint about the movie is why do you side-line Megatron AGAIN to introduce his never-before-referred-to-master-who-he-is-all-loyal-to? Why not let Megatron take the spotlight since he's barely in the first one? Why not save his master for the third movie? But if they're doing Unicron in the third one like they're talking about, I guess they're just gonna do the X-Men/FF route of having the 'primary' villain in every movie but side-lined by the individual movie's main villain.

15. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

BINGO!!!

Also if the Fallen was Megatron's mentor, why did he leave him on Earth trapped in the ice to rot all those decades? Why did Megatron blame Starscream for not looking for him in the first movie if Starscream also has to answer to the Fallen?

16. captcalhoun

they were looking for Megs, they had a whole galaxy to look across. and Starscream's only blamed by Megatron for failing him yet again in the first one.

17. exodus

Why blame him at all if the Fallen was in charge?

Why would advanced robots need glasses or a cane?

If the Fallen can only be beaten by a Prime, why didn't the original Primes just gang up on him and beat the shit outta him?

How are Transformers an internet rumor if John Voght went on TV in the last film and told the entire American public about them?

Why would the Navy captain take orders from a former government agent from a division that was supposed to be a secret anyway? How did they get the walkie0talkie to sudden start to work? How did the "secret" rail gun hit a moving target from that distance?

Why is the government sending in soldiers to fight Transformers when their weapons have little to no affect on them?

Where does Sam's bandage come from?
    How useless was his room-mate?
    How is Mikaela running around the desert without a spot of dust on her lip glossed lips?

18. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do you need a special reason to blame your underlings, especially given that Megatron doesn't like Starscream that much.

Because they're old? The cane could be explained by the fact Jetfire said he was rusty and not in good nick.

They tried and they failed. The Fallen was stronger then them, they couldn't defeat him so they did the next best thing and steal the Matrix. These first primes just might not have been good fighters. As for Optimus, he has been fighting for a long time so he is probably one of the better prepared Primes to deal with the Fallen.

Government: Hoax...it was all weather balloons. Look at this weather balloon wreckage America.

America: So they weren't giant killing robots but secret weather balloons...there are no aliens here. I feel good now lets watch American Idol.

I agree that didn't make much sense as to why the captain took orders from what's his name. Did he hit him with the movie "special code" that everyone in the military knows that makes them your bitch?

They have weapons that work. They kill Blackout with human weapons in the first movie.

The ending battle scenes felt a lot like a US military recruitment ad.

Doesn't he tear up some one's shirt? I know I watched a movie recently where they did that.

Probably the most realistic reaction. Everyone seemed to be all cool with the transforming robots, explosions and constant death. He is in a pretty messed up situation and I'm sure most of us would act more like him then Sam.

She's hot. Hot people get treated differently by people...and nature.

19. exodus

We've seen Tranformers in the films up-grade, Jetfire can't?
    The Doctor transfomer that repaired Megs and tortured Sam wasn't old, yet he wore glasses. Why would a robot need glasses?

So if 5 Primes couldn't beat one Fallen, then who taught the Fallen how to fight so well?

All those people in the down town area, the dam and highway where the Transformers fought in the first film are very much aware they didn't see any Weather Ballons. How do you silence a whole city and those across the nation that phyically saw them?

However, the best worse moment of the film was: Sam dies and goes to robot heaven.:rolleyes: That's something only a 12 year old finds logical.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Wednesday results: Domestic $239,380,350 + Foreign $235,410,471 = $474,790,821. Interestingly, Ice Age 3 managed to best it by 3 mil. Here I was hoping it would stay #1 over Ice Age! It did beat Public Enemies though. AND it surpassed Angels and Demons as the highest grossing movie of the year in just eight days!