Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by Kirsten Beyer, Jan 2014!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Madzilla, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

If you aren't satisfied with the current cover, wait for its German version. :rommie::bolian:

2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Qouted for truth. :D

3. Mirmotte

Mirmotte Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The cover looks great :bolian:
    But I've always wondered why from The Eternal Tide onwards,the VOY title became black (it looks so out of place when put next to the other VOY relaunch books-sorry,just a minor grouse).

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Could it be because they're using lighter colors in the cover images?

5. Galekarens

Galekarens Commander Red Shirt

Someone posted the Protectors cover elsewhere and pointed out KJ had captain's pips. I looked more closely and it was a slightly different image than the image first posted here and elsewhere. So I looked on Amazon then on Simon/Schuster and yes the uniforms in the picture now look like the old-style Starfleet ones worn on Voyager instead of the new-style types. The turtlenecks are even different. And Janeway does have captain's pips instead of the admiral's bar. LOL wonder why, maybe it's a (the current picture) mistake? (Hope so lol.) Anyway, here's the Simon/Schuster link, just fyi: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Star-Trek-Voyager-Protectors/Kirsten-Beyer/9781476738543

6. Mage

Usually, covers go through several phases before a definative version is released. A lot of the times, when making covers using pre-existing images that are going to be photoshopped, they used the mock-up to show what the cover is sort of going to look like, and then when the approvel is given, the cover is finished. I'm guessing this is one of those mock-ups.

7. Galekarens

Well yes, but one would think that since there is, it seems, a more "accurate" image available (the first one shown, with the new-style uniforms), that's the one that would be shown on Amazon/SS! Hopefully the image we first saw will be the one on the book, lol. (I noted elsewhere when it came out first Voyager novel cover pic (in USA) of KJ in the newer uniforms.)

8. Mage

Probably just a small mix-up.

9. Galekarens

:rolleyes: LOL, I hope, thanks! Still, kind of interesting /weird, IMO.

10. Johnhead99

Johnhead99 Commander Red Shirt

Thank God. As much as I love current Trek lit, it wouldn't be the same without you and Voyager. I didn't love Eternal Tide as much as your other titles; but overall, the quality has been fantastic. Glad to hear the run isn't coming to an end.

11. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

MY COUPLE!!! :) :) :) I can't wait to read it. Great cover.

What's the release date for the new book (more specifically ebook for me). I assume sometime this month?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it. The 28th. Can't wait!!!

12. Galekarens

The "official" release date is the 28th (and on-line sellers won't release it until then (more or less), but the paper book might show up in real bookstores a few days before that; I'll be looking starting 2 weeks from tomorrow lol.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  13. Mirmotte

Mirmotte Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Does anyone think that there won't be any excerpts released on Amazon this time?Am really itching to read it,but there's nothing out yet grr

14. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I pre-ordered for my Nook so it will auto-download I believe on the 28th. Coooool.

15. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman:I'm looking forward to reading this story and finding more about Katherine Janeway returning to Earth and the consequences she has to face.

16. Galekarens

I don't know for sure but there might be an exerpt for this book in about a week (hopefully!); that's what usually happens w/ Trek books, there's a little more info about a week or so before the book comes out.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think they've been releasing excerpts early as often as the used to, so I would count on there being one before the 28th.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  18. Galekarens

19. Madzilla

Madzilla Lieutenant Red Shirt

And they still haven't fixed the cover. ;)

I'm so very excited for this book, and after the excerpt even more so! I can't wait to see where the characters get to by the end, and the journey they'll take to get there, which sounds like it's going to be a difficult one.

Only 10 days to go! :D

20. Galekarens

LOL I'll be at the bookstore Friday to hopefully get the paperback a little early, as per the usual Trek books appearing a little ahead on bookshelves happening (and yes hopefully the cover will be the "right" (and original) one, ie w/ proper ranks /uniforms, like in your avatar, Madzilla, lol).