Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Craziness in this thread...all plausible plot lines for Smallville though :)

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

3. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I was just thinking the same thing the other day.

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's interesting is the show has lasted longer than Remy Zero--not to mention Tate's marriage to Alyssa Milano. :lol:

And it's a great song! It's funny though because I had owned Villa (probably got into it because of it's over exposure on sound tracks), and a friend had then given me The Golden Hum when it came out. I didn't at all care for it. But somewhere around "Jitters", after hearing the song over the credits a few times, I had begun to like it. So I went back and listened to Hum and found a new appreciation for it.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember the calls of sacrilege and dirty pool when the Enterprise theme "faith of the heart" was playing during one of Clark and Lana's early disaster dates.

Smallville is just too big.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

And the most plausible plot line of all is that even though Clark now has the suit, he still won't put it on and fly until the last 30 seconds of the finale.

:evil:

8. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's so hilarious how every other character on the show who suddenly develops Kryptonian powers is flying immediately.

All of the Kandorians are flying around right after Zod gives them powers. Poor wittle Clark just watches them fly out of the fortress.

what a tool.

9. Guy Gardener

but they're soldiers.

Odds are, they "flighttrained" on an alien outpost orbiting a yellow star.

But Kara on the otherhand without qualification, made him look like a Super Tool.

UNTIL someone thought it was a nice idea for a fully actualized alien from a world of super science and deviant morality not to mention ICE, wanted to squeeze into a bathing suit and compete against bank thieves in a side show one horse town hopping beauty pageant.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Kara Kent, Miss Corn-Pone!

:devil:

Hokey as it was, Vandervoort did look pretty good.

:drool:

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

And imagine a giant tv show version of "Survivor"

9 years ago

Enterprise VS Smallville

Who will win?

And about the flying issue. Imagine if Martha Kent was able to fly after being possessed. That would totally suck.

12. Admiral_Young

^ Not to mention that the Kandorians started to immediately fly after receiving their powers that were based ON CLARK's own blood!!! I think we should spend the next few days discussing the inane plots and character arcs that Smallville has explored over the past nine seasons. I bet we could come up with some fun stuff.

13. Guy Gardener

How did they express heat vision without being horny?

Clark had to think "BOOBS" in his minds eye for the first couple years.

If you look carefully, sometimes you can see him moving his lips.

i thought we figured out in Lois' premier episode in season four that he was psychologically grounded because he wants to be a human being, so honestly in the here and now, as much as he wants to talk about accepting his Kryptonian heritage he's still clearly embarrassed to not be his parents child no matter how much they profess to love him.

Maybe like his heat vision is tied to his libido, his flight is connected to his pomposity? He's not going to be able to look down on humans like they're ants until he starts to believe they are ants while he's just only standing right beside them?

I wonder if a magic feather would work?

14. Admiral_Young

Lionel and Clark switching bodies while Lionel is imprison and Martha not recognizing that something is off with her son when he starts hitting on her.

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Although, honestly, that's not much sillier than a lot of old Silver Age SUPERGIRL comics. Remember the one where she used the super-computer in the Fortress of Solitude to do some intergalactic computer dating--only to find out that the alien boy she'd fallen in love with was actually a girl in disguise?

I swear, I'm not making up that up.

And then, of course, there was Comet the Super-Horse . . . .

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Lord...I fucking hate the Silver Age. :p

17. Greg Cox

Hey, at least SMALLVILLE is being true to its roots . . . .

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"Spirit"

One of the worst episodes of the series?

The insane amount of time kryptonite has been used for foes. You'd think the entire planet landed on earth.

Artifact after artifacts- One or two is okay but when you start leaving behind your retainer that hold the key to life, it can get annoying.

Jor'el- you must find a stick of gum I threw away 50 years ago.

19. Greg Cox

I don't know. A lot of that stuff is kinkier and more surreal than anything you'll find at Vertigo . . . .

Did I mention the issue where Lois turned into a horse and fell in love with Comet?

Or the one where a crazed archaelogist brought Cleopatra's mummy back to life to seduce Superboy?

Those could be the greatest SMALLVILLE episodes ever! :)

20. Guy Gardener