Reality Show is Hilarious... Then Wrong, so Wrong.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2451076/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It's basically Job in modern times.

Imagine if the Truman Show was produced by a sociopath and organized by incompetents?

A reality TV producer decides to select a family at random and film them in secret to discover their natural human drama... Unfortunately the Warwick family has no human drama, they're more boring than watching paint dry.

You've read Job?

The TV Producer playing God begins to make adjustments to the lives of this typical American Family.

Things get bad.

How bad could it be if Ron Jeremy would attach himself to the project?

Then things get violent.

Shakespeare meets John Woo violent.

The last episode of the season finished a couple hours ago.

It was awesome.

An 8 episode commitment.

Anyone already watching?

2. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I hate reality shows so much that I don't even wanna watch a savvy spoof about reality shows!

3. Guy Gardener

Reality TV curbs the birthrate.

More importantly, it stops the wrong sort of people from providing to the gene pool.

4. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sickened by reality tv, I've a few dozen friends who know their stuff. They have worked in music, theater, art, graphics, writing, choreography, DJ'ing etc and over the years as my career changed I've stayed friends with these arty people
    and the general consensus when we all meet up every couple of months and go out for a drink and meal and reality tv becomes part of the discussion....the consensus is: RealityTv is the biggest laziest pile of bullsh*t ever to enter the entertainment industry
    The majority of reality tv is mindless crap and sits nicely alongside anti-intellectualism, trash culture, trailer trash humor, sagging, bad rap(there is good rap out there), sagging and exploitation films
    reality tv sucks

rant over

5. Guy Gardener

Just to clarify, this is a sitcom about making a reality TV Show, and not an actual reality TV Show, you know like how 30 Rock is a sitcom about making a Comedy Sketch Show and not an actual Comedy Sketch show.

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

This looks interesting to me. It was on Showtime?

I'll have to keep an eye out for it on Netflix.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The concept of 'reality TV' is a contradiction in terms. It's all rigged from the get-go. It has to be. Logically speaking, any show concerned with ratings cannot simply let reality be filmed. They MUST fake it. Reality shows must be as scripted and pre-planned from birth to death as any other show. It just can't work any other way.

The sole exception would be shows like Disorderly Conduct, which is a collection of videos filmed by police car dash cameras. That is indeed real. But it didn't last long, did it?

8. Guy Gardener

The show gets into that.

How they can usually script everything.

But since their subjects have no idea that they are on television, they're screwed to accept actual reality.

They fret that nothing is happening.

Nothing.

The network executes threaten to axe the show, so the Producer does something desperate.

His monkeys kidnap the family dog.

Compared to what happens later, this hardly seems desperate.

Little steps.