PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That panorama is nice. I'd be interested in how it works compared to apps like 360 and DMD...

2. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Nah, I just read about it :(

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It comes with iOS6. I downloaded the updated the other day. It's a pretty impressive feature, I think. Lots of fun.

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How is doing panoramas a new thing? I saw that commercial for it on TV and wondered how this could be a selling point, since my Android phone that I got a year and a half ago is able to do the same thing.

5. doubleohfive

While we're talking about iOS6, is anyone else having problems with apps that need updating, but which refuse to finish actually updating? My iBooks and Target apps have been cycling for days, trying to update and nothing I've tried has been able to resolve the issue. I'm about to just delete and re-install them at this point...

6. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll have a go and see what it does. I don't mind if it's a bit slow as long as it's done.

Great! I hadn't noticed it!

I had to have a couple of goes on a few of them, but it seemed to do it on the second try... but mine is an ancient 3GS.

One thing it the update did mess up totally was WhatsApp... it lost all the contacts and profiles... then adjusting the privacy setting brought back the contacts but not the profiles... apparently, I would have to uninstall and reinstall to get those back, but it would mean a loss of all messages... so I'll just wait for the WhatsApp update, which is supposed to have a fix to this, I hope it doesn't take too long... it looks so much cooler when messages have an avatar attached. Puts the fun back into messaging... I'm easily entertained, hehe!

7. doubleohfive

I had WhatsApp back in March but wound up deleting it. I only had it to talk to one person, and we parted ways in a less than pleasant manner, so I didn't see the need for it anymore. :shrug:

8. An Officer

I use it for international messaging mostly, through the wifi connection... quite handy!

9. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Double OO, I remember you having issues earlier with your idevice. Sorry, don't remember if its an iPhone or iPod Touch. Have you tried a full reset and restore? I think you may need to, as I'm writing this I think you have an older iPod Touch. Either way, I would go with a restore.

10. doubleohfive

You remembered correctly about the iPod touch. I wound up just deleting the troubled apps and reinstalling them today after I made my last post about this. Solved the problem easily. Thanks though for the suggestion! :)

11. Tom Hendricks

Your iPod Touch has been wonky for a while. I would do a back up and restore. It's good to go back to factory settings and do a fresh install. I usually do this every six months with my iPhones & iPads. Allows you to clear everything out and start kind of new.

12. doubleohfive

Oh I did do the full restore on the iPod touch, a few weeks ago and it solved all my problems there. The issue I was having with my two apps was with my iPhone 4, and it's working fine now as well. :) But it's good advice, thanks!

13. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went biking in the neighborhood again last Sunday and took a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

A coworker took this picture from the patio at work tonight. I thought it was nice.

[​IMG]

15. An Officer

Beautiful lights, both the natural and the not.

16. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    My sleepy animals:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interesting daybreak:

[​IMG]

Sun behind mosque minaret:

[​IMG]

Cool cloud:

[​IMG]

17. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love car shopping! (seriously)

What's your budget and what type(s) of vehicles are you looking for? Sedan? SUV?

18. Tom Hendricks

I will go along with the love fest for Honda. We own a 2011 Honda Odyssey and a 2007 Honda Fit. With have three kids, the Odyssey is the greatest thing ever. We can haul everyone and everything we need for them. The Honda Fit is a great little car, always voted best small car by Consumer Reports and Car Mags. Its super zippy and gets GREAT gas milage for non-hybrid car.

19. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Probably going to lease a sedan. Hopefully for around 200-250 with 2500-3000 down.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Playing around with the panorama thingy on my iPhone. This is where I work:

[​IMG]