ST:TE Final Day Coverage

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by dr_vlarg, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

The latest Ugly Couch "Couchcast" (their audio podcast) features several very funny stories of encounters the alien cast had with the public, and an allusion to a very "nasty" story possibly involving you, Biggshow...

I hope they do more of this, and get some of the other people who worked at STTE on the couch, as it were, to tell their tales.

2. Biggshow

Biggshow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Stirbeck (Master Torgo or just plain Todd) met an untimely end on the timestation after he neck-pinched Kralk. But after all, Kralk did warn him that airlock 5 was malfunctioning... Who knew Vulcans had that much blood in them? The smell of tarnished copper is so hard to get out of leather...

:klingon:

3. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

That is a lovely story, :klingon: clearly one with a happy ending , but I was referring to the references to "CB 2000."

You can share, or you can sit on your secrets... entirely up to you. ;)

4. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In case you didnt notice, the STTE website was removed today, but it still appears on the hilton's website

5. explodingmuffin

explodingmuffin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oh man, there's something really painful about that. :(

6. Kords21

Kords21 Lieutenant Red Shirt

For some reason not seeing the website feels more final to me than watching the video of the Enterprise being taken apart.

7. MattJC

MattJC Fleet Captain

It sucks that the Experience is no more, but 10+ years is nothing to sneeze at.

8. Kords21

Kords21 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I had a good run there. Had been going since 03. Partied at the Halloween Alien bash and enjoyed my time at the Star Trek Enterprise finale party. With the drink recipes in hand and warp core bowls/glasses at my disposal it'll still be alive at my house.

9. Biggshow

Biggshow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

OK, the CB2000 was a nickname given to me by one of the waiters at Quark's (Justin?) after he noticed several instances of Kralk cock-blocking several male guests from their intended conquests. There is apparently nothing like a guy in a rubber forehead and 40 pounds of leather and spandex to get a woman to turn away from more conventionally dressed men. Keep in mind I was completely unaware of this; I was just patrolling the station and making conversation with the humans at the bar. And I was married at the time. This nickname was apparently conferred on me in the summer of 2001 (which begs the question, "Wht wasn't it the CB2001?"). I didn't hear about it until the summer of 2002 and by then I wasn no longer married. So, yes, I tried to take advantage of this phenomenon to less than stellar results (I may tell you about the origin of the phrase "getting Churoqed" later). As Lydia told me, "You've got no close." The reason I heard about the nick-name is because of the one instance of this that I regret. Apparently Darren had been chatting up a couple of fabulous babes at the bar, making them free drinks (no doubt stronger than the average drink as well), and had nearly convinced them to meet him and a friend later. Well, who shows up but Kralk who immediately monopolizes the conversation, unaware that he has just put the kibosh on Darren's well laid plans. Justin was standing over in the corner laughing his ass off. That's when he told me of the name.

There is only one instance where the leather and spandex actually worked but one of the women is still a friend of mine, so that's all you'll hear about it from me.:klingon:

10. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree.:( Thanks again, for posting.