Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Ghost07

Ghost07 Vice Admiral In Memoriam

I love him, Davros...I had a cat looked just like him, whose name was Virgil...this little guy looks like a very young Virgil.

3. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beautiful kitty, Davros! He looks superfluffy! :D

I have a new acquisition myself:

[​IMG]

He first showed up last winter. He came into the house a few times, I fed him, and then he disappeared until recently. He came back a few weeks ago and he's been a regular at the kitty table ever since.

4. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

Awww! You named him?

5. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

That's awesome Alienesse! My favourite cat from childhood came to us in a similar fashion. Its a wonderful feeling when a cat chooses you!

6. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

A friend of mine had a cat at her allotment*, but it was a wild'ish thing she couldn't bring with her back to her down-town flat to live as an indoor cat.
    When it passed last year, or was it a year and a half ago?, she swore a holy oath that she would never have a cat again... Yeah :rolleyes: right! -we've all heard that one, haven't we?
    Long story short: Of course she got another! This time she chose the cat, not the other way 'round, so this kitten is used to be an indoor cat -until summer came and they could both move out to the garden.

I was there the other day and snapped these of the lawn-tiger in her summer lair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Thinking this thread had died I posted them in another thread first though.)

7. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Lawn tiger, I like that! :lol: Is she responsible for those skulls? :p

Not yet. For now we just call him kitty. :lol:

Yes! I truly feel privileged. Apparently, I'm a cat magnet. This isn't the only cat that has chosen me to be his / her human over the years.

8. trekkiedane

The thought that they are leftovers from kitty meals sort of presents itself, doesn't it :lol:

Alas, it's just my friend collecting all sorts of weird stuff like those (lamb, I think) skulls in her garden.

9. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

I woke up today to find both my kittens crawling all over me. They then fell asleep next to me. It was so cute! :D

10. trekkiedane

I woke up to the sound of terrified screaming last night; it was a mouse being hunted around the bedroom by my cat.

It really started yesternight... I woke up by the sound of hectic cat activity right next to the bed. 'Maybe she just needs to find a way to lie comfortably', I thought, but as it continued I switched on the light and saw the cat digging in my box of socks that need pairing after having been washed, digging frantically.
    As I watched, a tiny mouse jumped over the side of the box and disappeared under my bed, and the cat followed.
    'Oh shit', I thought, and then I thought a bit about what to do: get up and chase a mouse around my bedroom in the middle of the night or let the cat take care of it and then pick up a dead mouse in the morning?
    The latter idea seemed simpler and with much less midnight action demanded from me so I just turned over and fell asleep again.

In the morning I couldn't find the mouse... eventually I thought it might have been only ½ dead and crept into some tiny place -like behind the closet- to die.

This night, then, I heard mouse-screaming again, switched on the lights and saw that the mouse had crept into the folds of a blanket I had lying on the floor (that is to say: the cat trying to get at something in the folds of the blanket was what I saw); quickly I donned the little bag, I had brought for the purpose, as a glove and reached into the fold the cat was trying to get at and grabbed the mouse -luckily it was now dead.

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^I kind of feel sorry for the little guy!

I took this one of my boy Gimli in the backyard a few weeks ago with my iPhone.

[​IMG]

I think the poor boy is really going to miss it when we move to New York in August.

12. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

He already seems to have quite the pouty face. :(

13. ILOVETREK1701

ILOVETREK1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Cat are soon cute I have two.

14. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

This is Jose.

[​IMG]

He managed to scratch up his cornea somehow which meant I have to apply ointment to help it heal--this is why his right pupil is so huge. This, in turn, lead to this hilarity:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhrMRfuvU1M[/yt]

I felt bad for the little guy but not bad enough to not record his futile attempts to escape the head cone.

And this is his BFF Jack, for good measure:

[​IMG]

15. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

awwww, poor jose!

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I hate head cones. I feel like I would be terrified if I was a cat and had something wrapped around my head that I couldn't get off.

17. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I know. He was supposed to have it on for a few consecutive DAYS but he looked so sad and pathetic that I took it off about 3 hours after applying the ointment, which should have been plenty of time for the ointment to do its thing without him rubbing his eye. He seems to have become SLIGHTLY acclimated to it now in small doses, though.

18. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Bumping this thread instead of cluttering the pic thread with pics of my cat.

When he was my baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up to no good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I :adore: him so much.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I saw a kitty in the parking lot as I was leaving work tonight. It makes me sad because I always wonder if the cat knows love. Does it have a family? Does it ever get any attention? I want to take all of them home!

20. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space

Fantastic photo :) :techman: