The All-New DALLAS!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ And if a young Barbara Eden was in a bottle, wouldn't you want to be in there too?

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Absolutely!

3. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Okay, Temis, now with the last episode, you have your trust. Apparently, the writers did do some research, and were just waiting to use it as a plot twist.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

last night's episode (1x06) was pretty good. Probably the best one yet. John Ross is definately learning the oil business. :rommie: And the clichéd "I'm pregnant!" actually had a bit of a wow factor to it. Great way to keep her on the show and in their lives too.

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Here's what I don't get. I have three sisters with kids and I don't rememebr any of them having nosebleeds as one of the symptoms associated with their pregnancies.

6. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, that's considered a normal symptom.

7. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

So...my sisters are abnormal or I just missed the nosebleed part? :wtf:

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have never heard of nosebleeds being a symptom of pregnancy, either.

This show is starting to get booooring. They better pull some kind of rabbit out of the hat, soon. I wonder of Kristen secretly had twins, a boy and a girl, and kept the girl while trying to pass the boy off as JR's kid. Named the girl Rebecca. Eh, this show isn't that exciting...

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Actually, to me all the kids look like they're the offspring of some anonymous floozy that both Bobby and JR had an affair with.

On the other hand, I think the show's just starting to get exciting. The battle for Southfork is turning out to be a real battle, and young John Ross is about to get porked from three different directions.

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Me either. My wife has made it almost all the way through without one too.

So, I was surprised by that twist. I was thinking it was brain cancer or something.

11. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

According to WebMD:

Early Signs Of Pregnancy

Nowhere on this list is nosebleeds.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

the reason why she went to the doctor may be unrelated to the discovery that she is pregnant?

In most cases on House, the patients had at least three different horrible things happening at the same time converging into yet another perfect storm.

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rebecca looks a lot like Kristin, which is what got me thinking! Also boredom will do that. :rommie: Christopher sorta looks like Kristin, too. John Ross looks almost entirely like Sue Ellen. Their scene together really confirmed it, big, wide-set eyes, weird smashed/swoopy nose with flairing nostrils, square face.

And the rules of TV say that nosebleeds are a symptom of something going wrong with your brain, usually of a supernatural type, and if left ignored, will result in a horrible death. I personally associate it with superpowers. When you use your superpowers too much, you get nosebleeds. (I think Heroes is to blame for this, but I can't recall what specifically.) Rebecca's superpower is making tragic I'm-about-to-cry faces, she should cut it out.

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

She may have pregnancy-induced HTN. She'll have to spend all of season two on left-sided bedrest. Definitely an acting challenge! :rommie:

15. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Well, somebody's been doing their research on this show, which makes me happy. Sue Ellen knew exactly which agency to appoint Anne's ex to. And that's usually a tricky one for outsiders to figure out. :techman:

And Texas does convey surface rights and mineral rights as separate sales. Nice to know that they're trying to get their facts right.

16. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

glad I'm not the only one who thought John Ross and Sue Ellen look alike.

17. Peacemaker

Google "Nosebleeds during pregnancy."

For example.

18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

"During" being the operative word. The show treated it as if it were an indicator of pregnancy, which it is not.

19. Peacemaker

You know, WebMD is useful, but it's not an exhaustive commentary.

Google "Nosebleeds indicator pregnancy."

Ahem

Some of the less common early pregnancy signs are:
    In that Google search, just on the first page, there at least 3 sites I can find that say in the summary itself that nosebleeds can occur early in pregnancy.

If you want to quibble about it as an "indicator" or not, that's up to you, but I don't think that distinction is going to get by a physician.

20. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Fine, how about I just stick with the three women I grew up with who all had children and never bled from the nose before or during the pregnancies? That okay with you?