The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got the new 6inch scale Black Series R2-D2. Some fans have taken issue with his proportions but I think he's great. Some less then stellar paint work bothered me for about two seconds until I realised it's R2-D2 and all the adventures he's been on.

I can't imagine I'll pick any more up from this range (until C-3PO comes out) but I've been pleasantly surprised thus far.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw:

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    HEADS UP FOR STAR WARS COLLECTORS HERE:

Reports are coming in at the SW collecting sites that some 3.75” Black Series figures in the first wave have a serious packaging defect. The blister bubbles are peeling and even falling off their cardbacks, both in the stores and after some people buy and get them home. If you're strictly a loose collector and opener this won't matter as much, but more than a few mint-carded folks are pretty disappointed and upset after blowing cash on the new figures.

Mine don't seem to be experiencing this bubble glue issue, but I'll keep an eye on them in case it starts with my carded copies. Looks like Hasbro's factory in China is having some problems with sealing the packaging and the quality of this particular blister glue.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Hmmm, I wonder if Mezco uses some of the same factories. Every one of the Heisenberg figures on the shelf at my TRU was suffering from the same problem where the bubble was coming separated from the card. Not an issue to me as an opener, but I totally get why it would make some angry.

5. cooleddie74

According to Jedi Temple Archives some stores are using their own tape to reattach some bubbles and put the figures back on the pegs. I've had to partially reattach a blister bubble in the past and do a little bit of fix-it work with some packages with minor but noticeable damage, but never had to reattach an entire bubble that's fallen right off the cardback because of factory glue problems.

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

received my second Robot Damashii today. Gundam Aegis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was two hours ago but the subscription update meter progress with at the following:

MOTUC: 91 percent
    Club Infinite Earths 58 percent
    Ecto 1 37 percent.

8. OdoWanKenobi

Final counts:
    MOTUC: 115%
    Club Infinite Earths: 63%
    Ecto-1: 38%

So that's it, then. :(
    DC Universe Classics, my favorite toy line of all time, finally comes to an end. We can play the blame game, but there's really no point. At the very least, we've been assured that the figures we've seen: 90s Aquaman, Ice, Conner Kent, and Damian Wayne will get to our doors one way or another, possibly through a quarterly release on Matty Collector. The sub is done, though, and Damian will most likely be the very last figure in the line. It's sad. This was easily the largest and most comprehensive DC line we've ever had or were ever likely to have. There were still so many left to do, though.

I'm really not surprised that the Ecto-1 failed. Mattel was absolutely kidding itself if it thought people were going to drop $215 on a 6" scale vehicle. Not only was the price outrageous, but they were asking people to pre-order completely sight unseen. They had no prototype to show off.

9. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Not sure this if this counts, but this is what I collect. Toy or decorative camels!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is my favorite. Bruno Himolumpus. I went to a WoW guildmeet and one of my guildies surprised me with this beauty, handpainted by himself to resemble my character's camel mount; Bruno. My char is a nerdy bookworm and there is a tiny book on the packstack with my char's name on it! I almost cried a little.
    [​IMG]

10. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Those camels are cool

11. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Action camels!! :D

12. cooleddie74

Those are neat. Cool camels!

13. Admiral_Young

Yeah the Ecto 1 was just ridiculously priced. As someone said on a fan page, drop a hundred bucks and more people might be interested. Sad indeed, that's good that we will most likely still be getting the figures revealed. I'm not surprised that the MOTU sub exceeded the limit.

14. OdoWanKenobi

From Matty:
    So not all hope is lost. We could still see figures. If nothing else, I at least want Ice. To have Fire without Ice would just be the ultimate tragedy of the line.

15. Admiral_Young

I just wanted Connor and Damian.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Oh, I wanted Connor and Damian, too. I'm just a huge fan of Giffen and DeMatteis's Justice League International run, and my JLI would just not be complete with out Ice. Fire is this month's figure, and it would be awful to have her but not her partner.

17. cooleddie74

My local TRU had another 6” Sandtrooper on the shelf earlier today but I was a little short at that moment (*snicker*) and couldn't pick up an extra one. I want a couple more but it'll have to wait.

Best figure in his debut wave.

18. OdoWanKenobi

On that note, may I register my disappointment that the necks are not compatible between Luke and the Sandtrooper? We could have had an easy Stormtrooper disguise Luke once the clean version comes out.

19. cooleddie74

I'm sure some industrious collectors with access to customizing equipment have already altered these figures so you can actually swap heads, but yeah - I totally agree.

I imagine once the ANH Han and the plain white Stormtrooper come out the same will happen.

20. Admiral_Young

The Ice figure looked fantastic as well.