George Takei on HAWAI 5-0.

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Greg Cox, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

FYI: I see that Takei is guesting on the holiday episode of HAWAII 5-0 tonight.

I've never watched the show, but I might make an exception tonight (especially since CASTLE is a rerun).

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the episode of the original he was in; I wonder, is he reprising that role like Ed Asner did earlier on the show?

3. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Takei played an old moonshiner that Daniel Day Kim's character called "uncle". They were asking him for information about other moonshiners and was only in one scene.

4. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Haven't watched this yet. Is this show worth investing in?

5. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

like the majority of network television shows these days, no

6. Captain Rob

I'll start by saying that I'm a big fan of the original and saw it first run. The first seaon was surprisingly good but it's already run itself off the rails. I was hopeful since the writers Orci and Kurtzman write the current Trek movies. The plots have gotten too ridiculous and the forensic science is so laffable that they might as well be spouting Treknobable.

7. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

So not quite CSI: Hawaii (theme song "I Can See For Miles"), then? ;)

8. Captain Rob

Jeez. CSI: Miami used to be my favorite show on tv. It totally ran off the rails, rolled down the hill, bust into flames and disintegrated into tiny pieces. And now it's gone. For example: Ballistic testing and matching on a pair of scissors and duct tape. What? And the transparent monitors were totally stupid.

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Just to join in the tangent - the wife and I enjoy CSI:NY, but things like the interactive holographic body scan/virtual autopsy room (sans goggles) and instant online DNA matching are a bit hard to believe.

10. Captain Rob

One bit of Hawaii Five-0 tech that I do like is the big table-top SURFACE computer. I saw an online demo of one of those things and they're really cool. Real and very Treky.

11. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show hasn't lived up to the great last episode of the first season.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I watch it for the banter.