teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

This SGU discussion in an SG-1 thread reminds me what a comparative soap opera SGU was, not that that's a bad thing.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

With SG:1 and SG:A you know the only sex you are going to get is subtext sex.

With SG:U you got REAL actual sex.

Unfortunately it was just not sexy :(

3. gturner

gturner Admiral

It was mostly worrying, if not borderline traumatic.

Ona Grauer played the Ancient Ayiana in SG-1's "Frozen" and an Ancient on SGA, played Young's wife on SGU, and her mother was the caterer on the set of MacGuyver.

She's also been in Andromeda, Smallville, Sliders, Seven Days, Harsh Realm, First Wave, Freedom, The Net, Andromeda, Flash Gordon, "V", Fringe, and a TV movie about making Mork & Mindy.

I wonder if she's into science fiction?

4. teacake

Nightwalkers: At first I was all.. oh god, not another X-files wannabe. We have the supposedly on your side sheriff secretly working against you, the small town possession.. and I was not impressed.

But then, like magic, it sucked me in.

CLONING GOA'ULD SYMBIONTS!!!

What a diabolical scheme.

When they implanted Carter I nearly died. I NEARLY DIED.

Here's a thing though, when the immunized Carter masquerading as a Goa'uld was talking to the fetchingly tied up Jonas I was thinking "Jonas will read Carter like he's been reading every frakking person and thing and he will KNOW she is faking her possession."

I was wrong. This is upsetting because I was in the middle of this MAD shipping segue based on this assumption and it got pulled out from under me even though the whole set up of the episode should have handed it to me on a plate.

I like Jonas 10,000 X better than Daniel who was annoying the crap out of me.

And here, I found the set!

[​IMG]

Actual Greek restaurant:

http://www.greatervancouverhotels.com/richmond/restaurants/Kisamos.htm

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  5. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought Jonas was just a replacement for Daniel. I mean, in Meridian he was a parrot of the government until he suddenly developed a conscience, then he suddenly develops a kind of superbrain to catch up to Earth's level of knowledge and now he parrots Daniel's notes or comes up with the sort of "How stupid the rest of SG-1 are that they didn't come up with that" ideas.

He could have been an interesting character, like the one from New Ground who returned with SG-1 (could have been), but as a regular? No thanks.

6. gturner

gturner Admiral

From the link:

I don't think what they were serving is calamari...

I wonder if many system lords eat there?

And I still wish they did a funny episode where Mulder and Scully knock on the doors of SG-1 members - and of course the team lies their a**es off. Someone could probably splice something like that together from clips of both shows and post it on Youtube.

7. teacake

He is HOT.

Unlike Daniel he never looks like a Peanuts character.

:guffaw:

I will never look at calamari the same again!
    See that mountain?

The truth is in there.

8. teacake

Abyss: This was a great O'Neill episode full of great O'Neill lines.

And WHERE is the symbiote?

(notice I have corrected my spelling so I'm not using the Trill term any more, go me)

9. teacake

Shadowplay: My god that was boring. Even the creepily glorious Cavil from BSG wasn't enough.

Here, listen to Joy Division's version of Shadowplay. It's better.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juD4ayBbHdY[/yt]

10. teacake

The Other Guys: It's PHLOX! Making Star Trek jokes.

And a Tok'ra looking rather like Adam Ant:

[​IMG]

In this episode we once again realize that everybody wants to kiss Carter.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also notice on the wall behind the Tok'ra's throne (and above him in that picture) a bat'leth is hanging.

Honestly, there never was any clear indication that anything was going on between Telford and Young's wife. And even if there was, Telford was under Lucian Alliance brainwashing at the time.

Although possible, I'd say it's more likely that since she's an actress working in Vancouver sheend up on a lot of sci-fi shows because so many film in Vancouver.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  12. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Who are you quoting? It was a red herring. The cliffhanger of Earth made it look that way, but we learn in Life that he wasn't pretending to be Young at all, he was filling her head with crap about TJ and ruining their relationship as means of retribution under the guise of being a concerned friend involved in the whole Destiny mess. I suppose it's possible that she was lying, but Emily does state outright "...and I didn't sleep with him by the way, but thanks for not jumping to conclusions." when she was explaining to him what was actually happening.

To be honest I'd say that says more about what passed for an adult relationship in SG-1 than anything.

13. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But...but...Daniel...you don't...?

Aw, screw it. You're entitled to your own wrong opinion.

14. teacake

WOW. Thanks for pointing that out :eek:
    I'm quoting stargate wiki and the wikipedia page on the character.

I figured she was either out and out lying to Young about not sleeping with him or pulling a Clinton.

However yes I realize it's open to interpretation.

Telford is still icky.
    I'd probably like Daniel just fine IRL but there's a mopeyness about him that was irritating. I'm enjoying the fresh new person with interesting elements though have yet to really explore it. Having Jonas read and memorize every bit of work Daniel ever did is lame, I'm hoping they don't just slot him into Daniel's place as resident old stuff expert. Give him his own strengths.

15. teacake

Allegiance: The big larva and the little larva are fighting. O'Neill has an epic 360 machine gun moment which fails to kill anything but makes a helluva lot of noise. Slow motion visuals of spent shell casings falling to the ground. It's very pretty.

And then we had this Tok'ra, Malek:

[​IMG]

What a lovely looking man. He has an almost hobbit like face. He is gorgeous.

16. teacake

Cure:

[​IMG]

What a lovely looking sociopath. He has an almost Hitler like face. He is despicable.

O'NEILL: Does it bother you at all that they use Goa'ulds like this?
    MALEK: No.
    O'NEILL: ..Okay.
    MALEK: The Goa'uld have done no worse than this to humans for centuries. That the Pangarans can use them for a beneficial result is surprising, but not morally objectionable to me, if that's what you mean.

da dum da dum...

TEGAR: I am sympathetic to the Tok'ra, but what you are asking of us would amount to a holocaust.
    MALEK (irate): She is a sentient being. Using her in this manner is an insult to her very existence!

OMG what an absolute lunatic!! What, are the Goa'uld not sentient beings? This guy is just, oh cool enslaving Goa'uld and killing them for medicine, clever idea.. but wait, not MY kind of Goa'uld!

What .. just ... :wtf:

Too bad he's so cute.

I really like the Tok'ra as an interesting people. Their secrecy and history, their strength and weaknesses in being an isolationist and ideological group over a thousand years. Very well used in Stargate to tell some good stories.

17. teacake

Prometheus: Wow! That was a huge amount of fun :D

And in the end, right before the Asgard shows up when they are lost I was thinking how great that particular bunch of people would have been as the crew of the Destiny.

18. teacake

Unnatural Selection: Well gosh, those Asgard sure do ask some big favors. And Helo was in it! The ending had some punch, though of course O'Neill made the correct decision and Carter was just following orders. They would have no way of knowing how Fifth would have reacted if they had taken him with them.. maybe he would have fallen for Carter and once she rejected him he would have exploded into one billion bugs and eaten earth.

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

In that case you should like Jeremiah, a show that not only shared several actors with Stargate and BSG, but also sets on occasion.

20. gturner

gturner Admiral

Those were some great episodes, and they have long-term ramifications. :)